Belts for Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1

kumarab

Greetings,

Does anyone have suitable belts to spare (or sell) for the Nak Cassette Deck 1. If not, can anyone point me to a good source for getting them (preferably in India)? Both the capstan belt and the back tension ones.

I have already burned myself with belts from eBay, and also one random mixed belts sets from Amazon. Money wasted. My old, stretched out belt works better than them.

Appreciate any responses.

Regards
Kumar

Greetings,

Does anyone have suitable belts to spare (or sell) for the Nak Cassette Deck 1. If not, can anyone point me to a good source for getting them (preferably in India)? Both the capstan belt and the back tension ones.

I have already burned myself with belts from eBay, and also one random mixed belts sets from Amazon. Money wasted. My old, stretched out belt works better than them.

Appreciate any responses.

Regards
Kumar
Jeff Galin
j[email protected]
+1 860-529-3700

Thank you. I'm not sure if ESL sell capstan belts to individuals anymore. Even if they did, it would be prohibitively expensive. I already have a belt from turntableneedles which seems to work reasonably well. Ordered another set from Russel Industries. Waiting to see if those would be an improvement.

Regards
Kumar

Thank you. I'm not sure if ESL sell capstan belts to individuals anymore. Even if they did, it would be prohibitively expensive. I already have a belt from turntableneedles which seems to work reasonably well. Ordered another set from Russel Industries. Waiting to see if those would be an improvement.

Regards
Kumar
Yes, they do. While the original is indeed very expensive, they also sell Silicone replacement belts that are more affordable

That's good to hear. I'll take a look at the silicone ones. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Regards
Kumar

Thanks. As I mentioned, I already have the belts from turntableneedles (both capstan and back tension). The capstan belt is serviceable I guess. Settled at around .09wrms w&f after 2 days of break in (checked both sides). Better than the .13 wrms of the old belt. And not exactly noticeable with music unless I focus hard. I'll make do it with it till I find something better.

Kumar

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back