Best 1 Gbps fibre internet service providers in Powai area?

For the 100 mbs Jio connection, I get around 45 mbs in wifi mode and around 94 Mbps in wired mode.
Hi Nitin,

On a 100 Mbps connection, if you are getting 45 Mbps, then most probably you are on the 2.4 Ghz band. If possible and if your hardware permits, switch to the 5 Ghz band. You will get good speeds on wifi too.

Last edited:
Hi Nitin,

On a 100 Mbps connection, if you are getting 45 Mbps, then most probably you are on the 2.4 Ghz band. If possible and if your hardware permits, switch to the 5 Ghz band. You will get good speeds on wifi too.
Hi Ssf,
The Jio connection shows 5g. But anyways 45 Mbps also suffices for me. Thanks anyways.

Regards,
Nitin

Checked the fine print, and it is exactly as you and @efernand1 mentioned.
I think I can live with 300 Mbps/3300 limit easily.
Thanks a ton.

Happy to help, sorry for delayed reply I don't have free time these days to hang around here and post. Wish they'd have a truly unlimited 100 mbps plan.

We have a 200 Mbps Tata fibre unlimited plan at work.
Fact is nobody offers unlimited plan. After the monthly usage limit crosses, from 200 Mbps it falls to 4 Mbps.
They must be mentioning this somewhere in the fine print which most of us will miss out on. But while advertising, most of them market the plans as unlimited.
Hence be sure to check on this as we too were caught unawares regarding this.

I think I tried that on my Sony TV. It did not work. It should work on newer TV's though. If it works, then that would be a good way to connect.
Tried this today. Didn't work :(
(The LAN port did give 97 Mbps; but this USB-ethernet connector did not work with any of the USB ports on the TV)

Tried this today. Didn't work :(
(The LAN port did give 97 Mbps; but this USB-ethernet connector did not work with any of the USB ports on the TV)
I think that works only on some of the new TVs. What is the speed when connected over wifi ?

I think that works only on some of the new TVs. What is the speed when connected over wifi ?
Pretty decent, between 150 to 250...
As of now, only issue is busy hours, when it gets very erratic.

Pretty decent, between 150 to 250...
As of now, only issue is busy hours, when it gets very erratic.
My wifi speed from BSNL is very consistent. 220 Mbps on wifi to the TV. I am using wifi for TV now. No issues whatsoever.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back