best 2.1 pc speaker for music !

gurujee

Hi, since my old altec lansing atp3 stops working, i need a speaker for music. will connect it to my laptop and logitech squeeze box radio which i am planning to buy.
please recommend. my budget is 3-10k.
I listen a lot of jazz and country. i dont like boomy bass. :)

i have chosen f&d a520, edifier c2, Harman Kardon soundsticks III. pls suggest me.

If you don't like boomy bass... you don't have to go for 2.1 channel speakers. Go for Audioengine A2 available in india from Bajaao.com. You will get much better sound quality than f&d and edifier. Harman Kardon soundsticks are good but overpriced.

Hi Ashish,

Apologies to OP, no intentions of hijacking the thread, just couldn't resist by seeing your signature. If you have reviewed or posted your experience on Exposure and Dali combo elsewhere please lead me to it. Else let me know your experience on the setup for Indian music and rock genre.

Thanks
C

If you don't like boomy bass... you don't have to go for 2.1 channel speakers. Go for Audioengine A2 available in india from Bajaao.com. You will get much better sound quality than f&d and edifier. Harman Kardon soundsticks are good but overpriced.

look for swan mk 2/3 though might be out of your budget by a bit but recently in gujrat someone's got the dealership for the same.. they will be like pretty good..

got good reviews

Thanks..for ur recommendation. no i like clear, punchy bass, and vocals.
I am looking at the reviews of audioengine. I have never heard audiophile speakers. How are they. i mean is the bass sufficient to support jazz tracks.

and sometimes i listen to trance..i am curious to give audioengine a go if it will be worth my requirement.

What to choose if between Harman Kardon soundsticks and Audioengine A2.

look for swan mk 2/3 though might be out of your budget by a bit but recently in gujrat someone's got the dealership for the same.. they will be like pretty good..

got good reviews

thanks for the link. anyone have purchased from this site. ? and what to choose between Audioengine A2 and Swans HiVi

between audioengine and Swans, obviously, it's Swans :)

well good to know. you deal with the swans. i believe you should contact the mods and join as a dealer member..

also indicative prices of the models available will be helpful for the forum members..

well i would wanna know about the mk2's

well good to know. you deal with the swans. i believe you should contact the mods and join as a dealer member..

also indicative prices of the models available will be helpful for the forum members..

well i would wanna know about the mk2's

For prices, I am yet to receive the shipment. Most probably the shipment is arriving on Monday or Tuesday and then soon I will update the pricing on website.

Thank you.

Hi, since my old altec lansing atp3 stops working, i need a speaker for music. will connect it to my laptop and logitech squeeze box radio which i am planning to buy.
please recommend. my budget is 3-10k.
I listen a lot of jazz and country. i dont like boomy bass. :)

i have chosen f&d a520, edifier c2, Harman Kardon soundsticks III. pls suggest me.

Hi Gurujee,

Looking towards your budget, I would suggest "Altec Lansing Expressionist Ultra MX6021". You could see reviews at various sites also.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Setup: (1) ONKYO-HTS3300 / Xtreamer / Samsung 32LED (2) DENON PMA-510AE / Paradigm Titan Monitors /PC- Xonar Essence STX

Hi Gurujee,

Looking towards your budget, I would suggest "Altec Lansing Expressionist Ultra MX6021". You could see reviews at various sites also.
Setup: (1) ONKYO-HTS3300 / Xtreamer / Samsung 32LED (2) DENON PMA-510AE / Paradigm Titan Monitors /PC- Xonar Essence STX

MX6021 is not even half the good as MX5021 was. MX6021 Sub-Woofer can't deliver the punch in bass which MX5021 used to deliver. Altec Lansing were good till MX5021 only.

MX6021 is not even half the good as MX5021 was. MX6021 Sub-Woofer can't deliver the punch in bass which MX5021 used to deliver. Altec Lansing were good till MX5021 only.

----------
Hi abhi_jollyguy,

The budget is about 3-10K only. Do you know Swan could be available in India in this budget? (As you have given link). But one thing I agree that Altec Lancing are NOT as good as they were in past.

Hi Gurujee,

Thanks...for your suggestion. i would love to have a altec as i have its atp3 which is a legend. but i stop believing the expert reviews. and going on the comments and suggestion of forum member and friends.

i bought a logitech z906 reading its good reviews while forum individuals commenting against it. and i regret.

finger crossed for as low as possible :D

if the main purpose is music then 2.0 is definitely better esp since you dont like boomy bass...

and yea swans>audioengine in my opinion...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back