Best 42" LCD/Plasma?

KHK

Need to advise a friend. which 42" to buy?

Most important factor: Picture quality
Usage: 75% Tatasky, 25% Movies
Ideally full HD to make it future proof.
Budget: No bar, but don't want to pay extra for features that are not important.

Had gone to Vijay Sales to have a look around. Went with Panasonic G10 in mind. But the salesman sold me LCD and desold Plasma. The LCDs def. looked better (contrast/brightness) than the plasmas on display.

Had a look at LG 42LH50. @64k (before nego). It can play divx videos/mp3s from a pendrive or even external HDD. But I am planning for an Xtreamer connected to a dac, so this feature is not very imp for me. Also, the sound quality is not important as there will an ext. amp and speakers.

My friend is biased towards Sony, so if it is Sony it will help. So, what options friends?

Thanks!

well currently a decent 40" lcd would be the samsung 40b530 available for about 51k or less.
if u can source a 40B650 it would be great,the sony models are good if u can afford them,don't expect them to significantly better but they are slightly better in SD.

Sales men always sell LCD, new technology no gas leak blah blah...also in showroon condition its easy to make the LCD better due to bright condition. Plasma TVs are very good in PQ and u cant go wrong with G10. Also, u have tata sky as 75% so its the best for sd content

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back