Best 5.1 HTIB system package under ₹50,000 (strict budget)

vaibhav007

hello fellow forum members. kindly suggest me the options i am having under the budget. I am aware the budget is just not good enough still i hope it will be something.

the reason I am buying HTIB is that i just don't have enough time to invest and also patience to buy few parts now and rest later. Right now i am having a very basic 5.1 system Phillips HTD5550 that only supports Dolby Digital and i will be giving it to my cousin to get him started and experience Surround for the very first time. I am guessing i will be able to make a substantial upgrade over HTD5550 in this budget.

I watch movies mostly and will be gaming with Xbox series x and PlayStation 5 so i hope the system should at least support newer Dolby audio/video standards if not Atmos and Vision and be able to bypass 4K60fps to my television if not 8k120fps. I watch movies with audio encoded in AC3 & DTS mostly. yeah torrented but also Netflix and Prime Video

My only priority is to get the best Surround Sound. *ROOM DIMENSIONS : 10 X 12*

Location-Delhi
The options that i am able to find with my research
1.yamaha 3072
2. some onkyo and pioneer. model no. forgotten

Kindly also suggest from where should i buy the product in Delhi and if i should buy from amazon only and what amount should i pay for the product.
I am also open to buying AVR alone and buying rest 5.1 speaker system of different brand. Catch is i cannot simply exceed the budget of 50k

Last edited:
Don't go for Htib Imho, but you have to increase your budget slightly to get following.

Denon X250bt + Taga Tav 506 5.1 speakers + Taga Tsw90 sub woofer.

If you can increase you budget you can skip the sub woofer as of now and add in latter stage.

As you know the limitations of your budget and not willing to build system stepwise, you should take yamaha 3072 and be happy. The receiver is not bad and you can change the speakers later if you feel the need. Reliance digital stocks Yamaha htibs so you can contact them.

As you know the limitations of your budget and not willing to build system stepwise, you should take yamaha 3072 and be happy. The receiver is not bad and you can change the speakers later if you feel the need. Reliance digital stocks Yamaha htibs so you can contact them.
hey man if i buy the yamaha 3072 avr only. what 5.1 speaker package would you recommend to pair with it. but yeah not really in position to stretch the budget

I don't know how much the receiver retails for, maybe around 30k. So even a 5.0 taga package will exceed your budget, even without the subwoofer, a decent one of which will cost another 30k.

Last edited:
I don't know how much the receiver retails for, maybe around 30k. So even a 5.0 taga package will exceed your budget, even with the subwoofer, a decent one of which will cost another 30k.

Taga Harmony TAV-506 v.2​

if i don't buy a sub for now. will this speaker package work well with the avr. i might be able to pull this off buying both the AVR and the speaker package in my budget from a local retailer. will buy a sub some other day. i hope the experience without a sub would not be a lot worse for the time

Taga Harmony TAV-506 v.2​

if i don't buy a sub for now. will this speaker package work well with the avr. i might be able to pull this off buying both the AVR and the speaker package in my budget from a local retailer. will buy a sub some other day. i hope the experience without a sub would not be a lot worse for the time
^^ that will make it 5.0 and when you buy sub woofer it becomes 5.1 that's all. I think the sub woofer will be missed during action movies that's all. 3072 is highly rated by buyers and most of them go the 5.0 route based on their experiences.

Contact AV zone, Mr pratham Arora +91 97168 48484, he has all range of home theaters , you can take demo also. If you want according to your need, he can arrange the same for you.

Contact AV zone, Mr pratham Arora +91 97168 48484, he has all range of home theaters , you can take demo also. If you want according to your need, he can arrange the same for you.
I will not recommend buying from them due to my current experience with them, when I bought taga 806 speakers. There are better dealer in NCR which offer better pricing. You can go to Av zone to take product demos, but not to make a purchase.

why make me feel poor :p
What @Cooladitya007 says is right. IMO it’s okay to go slow and get the best one that can do a good set up. If you say budget is set and not willing to build system stepwise, you may either go with yamaha 3072 or pick up a Denon 250/540/550 or even better if you can find a Marantz 1509 under 30K and use the remaining or may have to add a little more to 50K budget and buy either Elac Cinema 5 or Polk TL1600. If you want even better then pick up 3 pairs of Monitor Audio Radius 45 (Don’t go by it’s size) and add a Taga sub. With 3 pairs of MCubes you can actually have LCCR + Surrounds. Later when you actually upgrade you may re-purpose these for your front and rear heights.

Regards,
Som

I will not recommend buying from them due to my current experience with them, when I bought taga 806 speakers. There are better dealer in NCR which offer better pricing. You can go to Av zone to take product demos, but not to make a purchase.
Depends, i got the better deal from them despite being visited other dealers......

Depends, i got the better deal from them despite being visited other dealers......
this will be my first time exploring audio setups in themarket. Is there any specific market place that i should go to in Delhi
Can you please share the details of shops and markets. thank you!

Sony IV 300 maybe an old product model but has DTS and 4k pass through NFC and Bluetooth, and for Rs.23990 is a good htib as it's satellite speakers are small and can be fixed as and where you like. That is if you are particularly looking for htib alone.

this will be my first time exploring audio setups in themarket. Is there any specific market place that i should go to in Delhi

Can you please share the details of shops and markets. thank you!
Chitranjan park, AV zone, Mr pratham Arora +91 97168 48484, visit their showroom, demo the product you want. Better confirm price from other dealers also. He is nice person & surely will give you the best deal (before visiting must visit 3-4 dealers for best results).

Sony IV 300 maybe an old product model but has DTS and 4k pass through NFC and Bluetooth, and for Rs.23990 is a good htib as it's satellite speakers are small and can be fixed as and where you like. That is if you are particularly looking for htib alone.
Someone in family already have it. I feel its a good product for its price and is better than my Phillips HTD5550 however what i felt was it was not that substantially better than my htd5550 and upgrading to it will not be worth of investment

Think of alternatives - Yamaha 1840 for instance. Many people say home theater lesser than 2 lakhs is not going to make an impact and so soundbars and htib are the best bet for 50k budget.

Think of alternatives - Yamaha 1840 for instance. Many people say home theater lesser than 2 lakhs is not going to make an impact and so soundbars and htib are the best bet for 50k budget.
What i could find from the forum is that 1840 lacks couple of features of 3072avr including inferior DAC. I have not personally auditioned though. Audiophiles tends to forget that many here are just starting up and dont have deep pockets to spend a fortune. Definitely the more one can spend the better the experience will be however many can only spend this much only

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back