Best bass trap material?

Glasswool is best material.
Safe or not depends on the build and installation.

Use very thin layer of sponge below the fabric. That will prevent its dust to come out. Pretty safe.

bass traps are made out special matl and not glass wool. May be high density foam... not sure. You need to check with the AV stores like Usk, Vector system who deal with them

Glass wool is the best option. Next would be poly wool. The pricing is prohibitively high. Still a real world bass trap should be so huge in size we cannot keep them in room.

So whatever the bass trap we make is not fully functional and is only a compromise.

What's the best bass trap material?
It should be safe to install in my bedroom.

Thanks

It is said that bass below 100 Hz is the most difficult to treat (almost impossible) in a listening room, as it needs several feet thickness.. If you are doing a generic treatment, it may be ineffective..

You should consider capturing room measurements and approach solution & then measure it again post solution to check if there is improvement..

In my case, I got the speaker stands done from soundfoundations. Mine are floorstanders, still, I got the 12-inch stands made. This solved the issue I'd with the bass.

Something weird about that article. According to the author "Theory says that the deeper an absorber is, the lower a frequency it will absorb. It’s called the quarter wavelength effect and it definitely holds true."

Googling "quarter wavelength effect" says: "...the thickness of the sound absorbing material should be a quarter-wavelength of the lowest frequency of interest." So if you multiply the thickness of the material by 4, you'll find the wavelength of the lowest frequency it can absorb.

The author used 6-inch material, which is the quarter wavelength of 565Hz, which should be the lowest frequency it can absorb. But he claims it absorbs down to 35Hz, which has a quarter wavelength of 8 feet. I guess his comment about the quarter wavelength effect "definitely holds true" should be taken with a grain of salt.

Something weird about that article. According to the author "Theory says that the deeper an absorber is, the lower a frequency it will absorb. It’s called the quarter wavelength effect and it definitely holds true."

Googling "quarter wavelength effect" says: "...the thickness of the sound absorbing material should be a quarter-wavelength of the lowest frequency of interest." So if you multiply the thickness of the material by 4, you'll find the wavelength of the lowest frequency it can absorb.

The author used 6-inch material, which is the quarter wavelength of 565Hz, which should be the lowest frequency it can absorb. But he claims it absorbs down to 35Hz, which has a quarter wavelength of 8 feet. I guess his comment about the quarter wavelength effect "definitely holds true" should be taken with a grain of salt.
What about the waterfall graph? That looks interesting.

What about the waterfall graph? That looks interesting.
What's interesting is that there is no "before" measurement; only the "after" measurement was posted in the article. So there's no way to know how much of the "after" graph is a result of the bass trap.

What if it turns out he already had short decay times due to sitting within 2 feet of the speaker (see pic at top of article). You could do the same with your subwoofer by placing in the nearfield (right behind your sofa), so that you hear more of your sub and less of your room (shorter decay time on waterfall graphs).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back