Real Audio Threat (RAT)

Gerry_the_Merry

This section is for stuff not related to Audio. That is what my audio system may become if rats enter the house.

My building has recently seen a rat menace. The number of affected homes is increasing at an alarming rate. My home may enter the list one day.

Any suggestions for making the system rat proof? The sticky cardboard rat trap does not work. Pest Control is due to come and help with some rat sprays etc.

Thanks

You can dab cotton balls in Peppermint oil and keep them at the entry points in the house. Had put a few cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil in a small glass container inside the bonnet when the car was not running as the little fellow use to chew the wires. It prevented rats for a long time but has a corrosive effect on plastics. Besides the scent fades off after a few days.
Being on the ground floor, inside the house the rat pad was very effective in our case with a fried bajjiya placed strategically in the center of the sticky pad. The rats cannot resist the aroma of fried stuff and will come for it.

Last edited:
This section is for stuff not related to Audio. That is what my audio system may become if rats enter the house.

My building has recently seen a rat menace. The number of affected homes is increasing at an alarming rate. My home may enter the list one day.

Any suggestions for making the system rat proof? The sticky cardboard rat trap does not work. Pest Control is due to come and help with some rat sprays etc.

Thanks
Iam sure others will come along with more helpful advise. Till then you can start with some cable risers 😅

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks
1. Install wire mesh for your main doors and for all your windows. (one time investment)
2.Don't leave the mesh doors open.
3. Look for other entry points like exhaust vents, ac condensate line vents etc and block them.
4. Plug the drain pipes in kitchen after usage.
5. Don't spill food inside your av room.
6. Don't leave any food exposed.
7. Use garbage bins that comes with a lid 8. Declutter your house both inside and outside regularly.

Just make your house rat proof.

If you suspect that rats are already inside your house then you need to place rat traps along the walls of the rooms that are suspected to be infested and for outdoors you can use rat poison cakes that are available in all departmental store.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back