Jerry the merry

firearm12

Here is a small video i made a few years earlier (not related to audio though) This rat was inside my house and was too clever to be caught in trap, he would just eat any bait but never triggered the trap . So i converted my old phone to a camera and captured a video all night. Finally when i saw this i said OMG.

it would be interesting to know what would have you done in this situation. Can anyone guess what i did next day to trap it.

it would be interesting to know what would have you done in this situation. Can anyone guess what i did next day to trap it.
If you trapped it then he would have triggered something that sets off the trap...

Maybe changing to cheese...something they like I read somewhere.. :)

If you trapped it then he would have triggered something that sets off the trap...

Maybe changing to cheese...something they like I read somewhere.. :)

I tried cheese, tomato, potato anything and everything edible :) bastard would just taste it around the sides and leave the trigger as it is.:)

Set a mouse to catch a mouse..

A plastic competitor rat trying to get at the almond might stir hormones in the mouse that overcomes it's rationality ??

Even the almond if you see has been eaten from top side. This was also done by him the previous day before i filmed him. Almonds were his favorite, just a hint :cool:

Set a mouse to catch a mouse..

A plastic competitor rat trying to get at the almond might stir hormones in the mouse that overcomes it's rationality ??

Haha..

The trigger is too strong so Mr Jerry takes a nibble and trigger doesnt work. It should be latched very very lightly so as just weak movement would trip it .
Would be interesting to know your idea :)

Thanks for sharing something different.

Do you know we have a FM with almost that handle? Gerry_the_Merry :)
Until I opened the thread, I thought here's another sale gone bad.

Anyway, I have had the exact same problem with a nocturnal visitor.
I then put something directly beneath the bait so he cound not nibble from below and bingo! Gotcha :D

Ro
The trigger is too strong so Mr Jerry takes a nibble and trigger doesnt work. It should be latched very very lightly so as just weak movement would trip it .
Would be interesting to know your idea :)

Thanks for sharing something different.

The trigger was very light actually, i am amazed how how lightly jerry taps the bait and knows if he pushes hard enough it will trip, i have captured dozens of jerrys in this very trap but this one turned too clever to be fooled.

Do you know we have a FM with almost that handle? Gerry_the_Merry :)
Until I opened the thread, I thought here's another sale gone bad.

Anyway, I have had the exact same problem with a nocturnal visitor.
I then put something directly beneath the bait so he cound not nibble from below and bingo! Gotcha :D

Thats also good idea but i dint do that.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back