Best Bluray Player under 7k

arima007

I'm planning to set up Home Theater consisting of Denon 2200w ,in near future. But my 7 years old DVD player stopped working recently. So I'm in the situation of buying new bluray player not more than 7K which should work better with Denon 2200w. btw I dont know whether Dolby Atom decoding is BDP oriented or AVR oriednted.

Atmos and DTS:X are entirely for the AVR to decode. I have reviewed H5500 few years ago and gave away it to get a H6500 (also gave away to someone else as it had few bugs like downsampling HD FLAC).

I got H5500 off eBay with Girias Bangalore Bill for 4.5k only and it had excellent boot and app loading speed (better than even H6500 as its firmware is bulky with more features). Played HD FLACs and everything H6500 can play with identical picture and sound over HDMI. And ofcourse it supported 3D Bluray (not conversion which anyway is supported by almost all 3D TVs).

Alternatively you could go for a RTL1186DD based chinese player and I will point to a firmware which will make it play virtually anything below HEVC (including 60/50p AVCHD), mkvs and 3D ISOs with HD audio and outstanding picture quality (much better than almost all Bluray players I have tested except Oppo 103 I am currently testing). Only 2 cons with these players - PCM sound quality (including HD audio) is not that great and motion is not as smooth as those Bluray players (offset by superior resolution and upscaling).

You can try Sony ones as they can upscale to 16bit deep color which is quite unique (haven't tested them yet).

Good luck finding these in the market as it seems Bluray players are not easy to find in India anymore at a fair price.

I'm planning to set up Home Theater consisting of Denon 2200w ,in near future. But my 7 years old DVD player stopped working recently. So I'm in the situation of buying new bluray player not more than 7K which should work better with Denon 2200w. btw I dont know whether Dolby Atom decoding is BDP oriented or AVR oriednted.

Recently bought a Sony-BDP 1500 with networking (LAN not wifi) for 6990/- from Amazon, works flawlessly. I'm not an audiophile but to my untrained ears the music/movie sounds better than my earlier ASUS O Mini player. It is not region free, "C" for Blu Ray and "5" for DVDs. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Rajiv

Atmos and DTS:X are entirely for the AVR to decode.

Theoretically yes, but my 6 year old BR player is finding it difficult to play atmos encoded disks (except one). Either old Samsung BR players badly need a software upgrade or its getting older and has some mechanical/software glitches which is preventing it from playing an atmos disc

Hi

Check on the manufacturer website if there is any software or information if it will support Atmos Discs...

Techncially, if we change AVRs for features and content...there would be some player upgrades in the market...

Great Choice!

Enjoy.....dont do any firmware upgrades till you read and understand if it is really required.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back