best cd-player compatible with Denon AVR-X3600H

Miley Cyprus

Hi there,
Newbie here. Recently I started collecting CD's again and I wondered which cd-player would be a great match for my Denon AVR-X3600H? Technically these players don't need an in-build DAC since the AVR already has that, right? What are some good options then?
Thanks in advance!

Technically these players don't need an in-build DAC since the AVR already has that, right?
Technically correct. But when you compare DAC performance of a cdp, it will be better than that of Denon. CD player is made for dedicated stereo music playing and will have better implementation of DAC than that of AVR.

Hi there,
Newbie here. Recently I started collecting CD's again and I wondered which cd-player would be a great match for my Denon AVR-X3600H? Technically these players don't need an in-build DAC since the AVR already has that, right? What are some good options then?
Thanks in advance!

Marantz CD6007​

In my experience Marantz cdp's are very choosy regarding reading CD's though they do sound good.

Last edited:
Hi there,
Thanks in advance!
The Audiolab CDT is a great option. It's a CD transport (without a DAC) and rock solid at that! Sounds fantastic too 😋

Hi there,
Thanks in advance!
OPPO DVD player # OPPO DVD player play all format ' super audio CD ' HD CD ' mp3 ' each channel anloag output player 'optical output ' coaxial output

OPPO DVD player # OPPO DVD player play all format ' super audio CD ' HD CD ' mp3 ' each channel anloag output player 'optical output ' coaxial output
What are the models are good in OPPO DVD player? Are they still in production?
Thanks.

What will be better CD Player or CD Transport, if we already have an external DAC such as Schiit Modi 3+? Any particular model suggestion?

A bluray player to connect to the AVR via hdmi will be one solution. Try getting a older pioneer or Sony bluray player as they were well built. If you can spring for a oppo, any of their models make great players or transports. I keep a old pioneer BDP-450 as a backup to my primary cd player. It doesn't have a in built dac and is transport only. But is sufficient for my needs.

A bluray player to connect to the AVR via hdmi will be one solution. Try getting a older pioneer or Sony bluray player as they were well built. If you can spring for a oppo, any of their models make great players or transports. I keep a old pioneer BDP-450 as a backup to my primary cd player. It doesn't have a in built dac and is transport only. But is sufficient for my needs.
OPPO brand 👌👌👌 i have OPPO player HDMI output ' optical output 'coaxial output & each channel anloag output ' any one interested????

OPPO brand 👌👌👌 i have OPPO player HDMI output ' optical output 'coaxial output & each channel anloag output ' any one interested????
Yeah the oppo is really good. But if you are asking if iam interested in one... Then thanks for the offer, I value domestic harmony more than sound quality. And my wife keeps reminding me that iam just one box away from sleeping on the streets 😜

Hi there,
Thanks in advance!
When it comes to CD players, you have a wide range of options depending on your budget and specific preferences. Here are a few recommendations for CD players that would work well with your Denon AVR-X3600H:

Marantz CD6006: This is a highly regarded CD player known for its excellent audio performance. It offers a balanced and detailed sound, and it has a USB port for connecting external devices.

Cambridge Audio CXC: Another popular choice, the CXC is a dedicated CD transport that focuses on delivering accurate CD playback. It's built with high-quality components and offers a smooth and detailed sound.

Yamaha CD-S2100: If you're looking for a higher-end option, the CD-S2100 from Yamaha is worth considering. It features a robust build quality and meticulous attention to detail, providing a premium audio experience.

Sony CDP-CE500: If you prefer a multi-disc CD player, the CDP-CE500 is a reliable and affordable option. It can hold up to five discs and offers convenient playback features.

In my experience Marantz cdp's are very choosy regarding reading CD's though they do sound good.
The same with Denon. Regret selling off my Yamaha CDC to be replaced by Denon. Any CD used to play on it even with a little scratch. Denon is a pain. So ripped all CDs and all music resides on NAS or laptop

The same with Denon. Regret selling off my Yamaha CDC to be replaced by Denon. Any CD used to play on it even with a little scratch. Denon is a pain. So ripped all CDs and all music resides on NAS or laptop
Same here Subbu, missing my earlier Pioneer PD S802 which was stellar.

Same here Subbu, missing my earlier Pioneer PD S802 which was stellar.
Denon and Marantz are now with the same company. Not sure if the design is same. Must be like Toyota & Lexus or Nissan & Infinity - same basic components but some are of higher quality

Look at AudioLab 6000CDT an excellent CD transport, read all CDs without fuss. I have been using it from last 3 years.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back