Best Cinema Halls ever visited....

In the early days, my Dad used to tell me stories how we would go to Ajanta Theatre in Trivandrum, and watch 70mm Hollywood epics, just to listen to the 6 channel sound. This was well before the days of Dolby DTS. I assume they were the best in Trivandrum, back in the day. My visits to the Cinema in Trivandrum have been rare (which my wife swears about) and whenever I've been to one, the experience was always pretty ordinary.

In Hyderabad, the best theatre in terms of sound system is the PVR multiplex. The sound system really good and very clear. Apart from that I grew up watching english flicks in the erstwhile Sangeet theatre in Secbad and it was famous for the Dolby sound effects. Now more than 70 theatres are replaced with other objects. Most of the theatres are gone but the 'Lamba' remains as it is .... LOL.. People from Hyderabad will know what it is famous for !!

In my opinion "Best theatre in our country" is "Kalabhavan & Kairali" ( Trivandrum), both were controlled by government of kerala.(KSFDC)

You can hear audiophile grade reference sound and feel real visual experience (2k advanced projection). I'm not interested to go in private cinima theatres in trivandrum area.

In my opinion "Best theatre in our country" is "Kalabhavan & Kairali" ( Trivandrum), both were controlled by government of kerala.(KSFDC)

You can hear audiophile grade reference sound and feel real visual experience (2k advanced projection). I'm not interested to go in private cinima theatres in trivandrum area.

+1
I will add Sreepadmanabha as well, but the screen to hall ratio there is not right. All other theaters in TVM are pathetic.. but New and Kripa are under renovation now, and once open, they should bring out pleasure they provided in olden days.

I personally like Cinepolis in Meenakshi Mall (Bangalore) nowadays, watched matched movies there lately and the sound is amazing, its in a mall so parking not an issue.

But I really miss the euphoria and excitement that used to be there whenever Thalaiva's movies used to release in Urvashi, Lavanya, Naga... What a time I had watching the tamil movie Boys in Naga with my friends... Also a kid watched lots of movies like Armour of God, Super Cop, Jurrasic Park etc., in Symphony and Plaza.

I can only dream of the new world's technology fused with the charm and exuberance of many of our good old cinema halls of Bangalore to be revived and running again...

I have to mention the Jagadamba theatre which is there in Vishakhapatnam,Andhra pradesh. it is very old theatre but renovating time to time. this theatre main famous for Sound.Many members dont know the fact this the first theatre equipped Dolby sound in India. Still this theatre is very famous for sound and of course it is a first theatre equipped 4K Jmax screen which is no where available in India.This theatre sound also very good equipped with very high level amplifiers to enhance the sound.
In Hyderabad best theatre is Sensation insomnia having very good and clear sound.I never experience this kind of sound anywhere. another theatre is prasadz Imax which is no 1 multiplex in entire india.I have never experience this kind of sound anywhere in india.Now now sounds also equipped like Dolby atoms(Screen 4),and Euro sound(Screen 1).Now new Mayer sound is equipped in kavery theatre in Bangalore which sound is first time in India.

+1
I will add Sreepadmanabha as well, but the screen to hall ratio there is not right. All other theaters in TVM are pathetic.. but New and Kripa are under renovation now, and once open, they should bring out pleasure they provided in olden days.

Sree padmanabha theatre's audio quality is not good, always you can hear sub woofers heavy tup tup noice. All the 4 govt theatres were too good, but we can get real cinematic experience from Kala bhavan & Kairali. Thanks Ganesh kumar (former cinema minister)

Ragam (now Georgettans Ragam )in Thrissur,kerala is the best theater i have experienced , they are very keen on incorporating the new technologies as fast as possible . when they installed Dolby digital they distributed a notice explaining whats surround sound what are the different technologies and why Dolby digital is different and superior. It was a full illustrated one which give me an idea how surround sound works . It was a wonderful experience watching Matrix and Titanic in that marvelous screen . one good thing about theaters in Thrissur is that still you can enjoy cinemas spending less than hundred bucks on a ticket .

Best sounding theater - Urvashi in bangalore with Meyers sound system ,Absolutely stunning sound with superb detailing.Best experienced seated downstairs middle center row. Projection is by far the best too with 4k projection

+1 to that Subash,Urvashi,,the best,,sit in the middle of the second class (ground floor)for an english movie,and you will know what you have missed ..

At the same time chandruybl the Meyers sound spoils you .....because after listening to the meyers @ UDC everything else sounds soo damn dull & boring...wish all theaters install the meyers

Last edited:
I was praising the Thrissur Ragam theatre in my starting thread.I had been to the same theatre 2 months back and sorry to say that this theatre is become one of worst i have ever been to now.Its become a third class theatre now.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back