Best ever deal for loudspeaker kits.

I had been meaning to play around with the quantity of polyfill stuffing in the X-LS Encore since the filling was done purely on guesstimate and no real logic was employed other than the fact that the quantity was just sufficient to fill up the available space - not loosely filled, not tightly filled.

The sound with this quantity of stuffing was pleasing enough to my ears. However, I don't know if it's the optimal quantity. So out came the toolkit and the screws of the woofers came off.

As a starting point, I removed all the stuffing, put back the screws and sat down to listen. Mine uses the NoRez foam from Danny. The character of the mids and highs didn't change too noticeably but the bass suddenly gained a bloat that wasn't there before, especially in mid bass.

Joshua, how long did the drivers break-in? From whatever I have read, seems like
it is good to start tweaking the stuffing only after about 100 hours or so of playing,
after the drivers have been sufficiently broken-in.

Joshua, how long did the drivers break-in? From whatever I have read, seems like
it is good to start tweaking the stuffing only after about 100 hours or so of playing,
after the drivers have been sufficiently broken-in.

I started playing them on 3rd Dec. So that's about 43 days now x 2 hours average on most days. Weekends tend to be much longer. So I am guessing I am already at the 100 hour mark. May be in another one and half months they will really bed in.

Harsh247, Glad that you had purchased the kits. Could you post how much did it cost you for our information?

Regarding your queries, all the FMs used double front baffle. In addition, it would be better if you can also use damping material on them.

Regarding connecting the cables to the drivers, soldering offers the best possible connection through you need to be careful to use the soldering iron for least possible time as it is likely to damage the delicate voice coils in case of overheating.

total damages 1007 $. didnt get charged any customs though :D :D :D

Hi friends

Nice to see you all building your lovely speakers

i stepped out in middle cos i bought Acoustic Portrait from Captain rajesh

i learnt few things during this journey with my speaker, which i would like to share , hope it helps you too

1. when the AP speakers arrived , my first impression about it was that this are a laid back speakers , it did not sound anything close to my taste

Captain Sir told me to use them for some time and also suggested me to upgrade the AMP.

then its been about an year now, i play it almost every day , with the same old Amp , just added the Pass B1 from sachin,

this has made huge difference, also i believe the speakers took some time may be to burn in or to settle down too, cos what i hear now, is very close to Paradigm signature series ( we did AB with fm member Mr. Phanwada's speakers ), the only difference i could make is the bass in mine is little lesser, cos paradigm had a separate bass driver, its a three way and mine is two way.

so my suggestion is donot judge the speakers until you given at least 6 months of burnin and also keep experimenting with Amp ( AMP makes huge difference in sound signature ).

Regards

Tanoj

nice to know about your exp that builds confidence in others Tanoj.
Thats another + to Pass B1. And,I've been following the thread very closely and may jump in some time later for the "Complete kit" - as I get lost with all the details that are currently in the thread.
so, what's the current Amp that is driving the AP?

when the AP speakers arrived, my first impression about it was that this are a laid back speakers, it did not sound anything close to my taste.

Adding to that was the issue of mismatch between your TT and the phono stage.

Captain Sir told me to use them for some time and also suggested me to upgrade the AMP.

then its been about an year now, i play it almost every day, with the same old Amp, just added the Pass B1 from sachin

Notwithstanding your satisfaction levels, I still urge you to change the amp for upping the ante.

guys - I desperately need help with cabinets and very good finish. I think I over estimated myself that I can get the cabinet done, but I think its time to accept the reality and take help.
SOS - can someone help me with cabinet - with top class finish?

guys - I desperately need help with cabinets and very good finish. I think I over estimated myself that I can get the cabinet done, but I think its time to accept the reality and take help.
SOS - can someone help me with cabinet - with top class finish?

Have you tried contacting CNC woodworking workshops in your town? Also, highly skilled carpenters can do the job, provided they are willing. The dimensions need to be exact, and the panels have to be fitted together precisely. So a carpenter who is used to making fine cabinets will be a good choice.

Either way, you need to sit with them, make them understand your agenda fully, and supervise them at least for the initial part of the work. Lots of handholding is required.

Then comes the painting, which is a topic in itself:)

Have you tried contacting CNC woodworking workshops in your town? Also, highly skilled carpenters can do the job, provided they are willing. The dimensions need to be exact, and the panels have to be fitted together precisely. So a carpenter who is used to making fine cabinets will be a good choice.

Either way, you need to sit with them, make them understand your agenda fully, and supervise them at least for the initial part of the work. Lots of handholding is required.

Then comes the painting, which is a topic in itself:)

hum se na ho payega :)

what I meant by help was - someone please get one set of cabinet made for me as well.

Diy Section BuMp.

:sad:I see no Post in DIY section TODAY!.:sad:and:mad:

...ok,
..So,Which suitable Amp to drive with X-SL?

This will be for listening distance of about 2-3 feet.(near field ).

Diy Section BuMp.

:sad:I see no Post in DIY section TODAY!.:sad:and:mad:
I was not able to access HFV since yesterday noon. Is it the case with others too? May be that is the rezason.

Which suitable Amp to drive with X-SL?

This will be for listening distance of about 2-3 feet.(near field ).

I'm.not sure if X-LS are suitable for nearfield listening.

The site's working captn.

OT - do you start your day this early ??? I am at the station to pick up someone and crabby to wake up so early ??

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back