Best horor movies

After a very long time, I watched a horror movie that truly is scary. I have always admired James Wan's work but this one really stands apart.

The sound effects are too good which adds a lot to the jump factor. My friend (a horror freak like me, but still sensitive) watched most of the movie through his fingers and was freaking out in many scenes.

Everyone including the dog have acted superbly in the movie and I specifically liked the amazing performance of Vera Farmiga.

Nothing really new in this movie which we haven't seen before. Its a blend of The Exorcist, Poltergeist, AmityVille horror and Paranormal Activity. But its a lot more refined and realistic. What I liked the most is the steady camera throughout unlike shaky shots used to create that dynamism. Unlike many other horror films, which gets into the core of the story at about 1/3rd of the length, the scare in this film begins right from the titles and only progresses towards the end.

Highly recommended high tension film!

Oops. I thought for a change, I will add it in the end, then forgot. :p

And you gave me the opportunity to do the honors :eek:hyeah: First time I watched it for Veera and James, and I was like okay. Next time when I watched at AMC the movie really got me with it sounds effects and atmosphere. Just made me realize how a good movie can come across a dud because of a bad theater.

Next time when I watched at AMC the movie really got me with it sounds effects and atmosphere. Just made me realize how a good movie can come across a dud because of a bad theater.

Very true. The SFX was amazing. One has to see it in a good theatre to fully absorb the chill the film has to offer.

Spoiler: The sound of the planks breaking before Lorraine falls down from the hidden space of the wardrobe is still stuck in my ears.

Guys, I take this back, I saw it today at a good AMC and it was good. Nothing new but it was well made. I just realized how a shitty sound system made a movie bad!!!

Do watch this movie

After a very long time, I watched a horror movie that truly is scary. I have always admired James Wan's work but this one really stands apart.

The sound effects are too good which adds a lot to the jump factor. My friend (a horror freak like me, but still sensitive) watched most of the movie through his fingers and was freaking out in many scenes.

Everyone including the dog have acted superbly in the movie and I specifically liked the amazing performance of Vera Farmiga.

Nothing really new in this movie which we haven't seen before. Its a blend of The Exorcist, Poltergeist, AmityVille horror and Paranormal Activity. But its a lot more refined and realistic. What I liked the most is the steady camera throughout unlike shaky shots used to create that dynamism. Unlike many other horror films, which gets into the core of the story at about 1/3rd of the length, the scare in this film begins right from the titles and only progresses towards the end.

Highly recommended high tension film!

Can you guys PM me the source for the movie?

Watched The Conjuring - The Conjuring (2013) - IMDb
Similar and very predictable storyline but the presentation was fresh. There was absolutely no unnecessary special effects and dragging of events (unlike in the new Evil Dead)

Another good movie which I re-watched is Antichrist - Antichrist (2009) - IMDb
It is not exactly a horror movie but a mix of thriller and drama. It has a disturbing storyline but enjoyed watching it.

Preety old thred being resurfaced, would love to see some great titles since those 2013 movies. Mama was one I saw, Conjuring 2 did not entice as much as the first one. Insidious and The Grudge sequels were great too!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back