friends i want to buy media player with wifi

which is best media player

Why not
Define your tests and budgets
Go through the forum
Take nots
GO trough forum again.

Have some conclusions
And then come back and ask proper long questions?

Pls study ,have your conclusions and come back.
On thiis forum ,or any forum getting readymade answers is difficult......

You should buy:

BDP-S370 : Blu-ray Disc Players : Home Video : Sony India

This would play Blu ray as well as MKV / m2ts / AVI and other formats. Do test it in showroom, with few files that you already have on USB. It can play files that are up to 4 GB in size and does not play some formats.

Cost is around 9,500.

Does it take NTFS or only Fat 32?
Howabout BD iso?
On usb does it support all formatsand HD audio?

Only FAT32 (thats the reason for 4 GB Limit). HD Audio is of course supported since its required for Bly Ray.

For 2 -3k more one can get Samsung's player that has NTFS support and similar chipset as compared to Xtreamer Pro and similar products.

One advantage is that service centers are local. So in case of any issues you don't have to ship the product back to outstation dealer.

Only FAT32 (thats the reason for 4 GB Limit). HD Audio is of course supported since its required for Bly Ray.

For 2 -3k more one can get Samsung's player that has NTFS support and similar chipset as compared to Xtreamer Pro and similar products.

One advantage is that service centers are local. So in case of any issues you don't have to ship the product back to outstation dealer.

4 gb limit with hd audio is useless right?
anyway have you tested this or samsung? i mean for all possible files and hdd sizes??

I have Xtreamer. Samsung's player is better than Xtreamer.

For example, in MP4 containers Xtreamer does not handle DTS properly. That worked fine in player.

Tested Samsung's player briefly, and it worked with the files that I had. A friend is picking that up so will test it with an AVR to check if passthough works in MKV and MP4.

Given that both Blu Ray player and Media player cost approx 10k, In my opinion it makes sense to buy blue ray player.

hi guys,
even i have been in the same confusion for days.

here is what i have found out:
1. Seagate Theater + available in Croma for Rs.4990. you can buy the HDD seperately as per your requirements. no wifi
2. WD TV in Ebay is for Rs. 6850 plus shipping.

My requirements are:
I mostly have downloaded music in both flac and mp3 formats. plus movies. so which player should i go in for.
since i was anyways running out of capacity in my current drives was thinking of new HDD. i think this would help solve both issues.

i was thinking of a blu ray player but would like to first upgrade my 32lcd pana and my yamaha HT (av & speakers), pioneer dvd player; therefore was looking for alternatives till then

is it better to buy a media player or a blu ray player. only hitch i can see in a blu ray player is burning all my audio in cds.
would welcome fellow forumers to help here

Guys How about ASUS o Play 2 costing around 8.5K can play almost anything in earth and have dolby digital output as well

i was thinking of a blu ray player but would like to first upgrade my 32lcd pana and my yamaha HT (av & speakers), pioneer dvd player; therefore was looking for alternatives till then

is it better to buy a media player or a blu ray player. only hitch i can see in a blu ray player is burning all my audio in cds.

Quite a few Blu Ray players in 10k range have built-in media players. These player can play music from USB or LAN. So no need to burn CDs.

Quite a few Blu Ray players in 10k range have built-in media players. These player can play music from USB or LAN. So no need to burn CDs.

thanks buddy but will that player play FLAC files. if yes then i would buy a blu ray player and then connect a HDD with a USB and solve my issue.

Thanks netfreak, any model numbers you suggest? I started a thread here with a similar query for a budget DVDp but dont mind stretching it for player that will handle Media and then save on a WD live etc... blue ray functionality wont be used but useful for the future:)

Yes this Sony player is good too. Make sure you check a few HD videos (download from Demo world) on thse players to ensure they can handle those.

Don't give preference to WiFi since both players have LAN ports. You can add WiFi functionality by buying a 1500 Rs WiFi router and connect LAN cable from player to router.

This router would extend your existing WiFi to this device via LAN cable.

i am already using a dlink router
i do have a few downloaded movies which i can try on this system. my major requirement is for flac playing cause most of my music collection is in that format
downloaded Blu rays movies are not too much of an issue cause i dont prefer downloading them (too big files)
therefore if it does play flac and the downloaded ones i have then i am in for this player...
plus croma is running some discount so that would also help :)
thanks for this buddy

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back