Best media player

its a general discount of 5% if billed through your master card. plus being a group employee i may get a chance for another 2% :)

croma's prices are absurdly high. You will get a better deal at Vijay Sales or smaller shops.

5% moneyback is after a 120 day period.

Got a quote of 9400/- for the sony from a small vendor across the street. (MRP 9990)

i am right now totally inclined to PLAYON MINI HD
got a quote of 6800 delivery in mumbai.
might go an pick up within a week unless anything better crops up

I have been using Xtreamer Pro off late & its very good
Supports all HD formats & its many internet options was the deal breaker for me..:eek:hyeah:

after a lot of deliberations and research i have zeroed in on PlayOn HD Mini.
will be picking it up mostly within a week

Hello

I have been a user of WDTV Live now for close to 9 months.
If you mainly have downloaded files ( music, video, etc), WDTV Live is the way to go. It is a brilliant product. Plays more or less any format of music as well as video.

Additionally, the 4 GB limit per file (yes per single file) is not a constraint. Most of the good 1080 ( i / p ) format movie videos would be greater than 4 GB file size and hence using a USB stick with a BluRay Player might not be your option. Also, none of the BluRay Players in the price range of < 15 K INR play all Video and Audio file formats like the WDTV Live plays.

You have your requisite physical connections in terms of HDMI out, AV out etc , 2 USBs to completely meet the requirements. Additionally if you get a USB Wireless dongle (take care that there are a few specific ones certified for use with the WDTV Live by Western Digital), you can additionally enjoy Facebook, Flikr directly on your HDTV !

Overall, great value for money with excellent high end specifications.

Enjoy

ACR-PV73100 P +
AC Ryan Playon! HD Full HD Network Mediaplayer ( With Wifi Dongle )
Rs.9500.00

Picking this up

my friends are coming from Thailand & Malaysia. by any chance would the following players be cheaper there. also please suggest where to buy.

Thailand i know is Pantip Plaza but dont about Malaysia

1. Playon HD - Mini and full (both ok if the price is right)
2. Asus OPlay Mini
3. Asus Oplay HD 2

after a lot of research i have zeroed in on these therefore please suggest urgently

thanks in advance

Denzong, please do not post the same questions in multiple threads. VenkatCR

Last edited by a moderator:
So have reached a consensus on which is the best hd media player with audio bit-streaming capabilities?

I'm looking to pick one p for a a close friend.

Cheers :)

A blu ray player can double up as a media player,i have wdtv(gen1),its great but it doesnt play HD audio. The lg 530 bd from amazon plays files larger than 4gb with dts sound. Some one with an LG br player can comment on its usb capabilities. A br player with media capabilties is a good vfm in my opinion.

ACR-PV73100 P +
AC Ryan Playon! HD Full HD Network Mediaplayer ( With Wifi Dongle )
Rs.9500.00

Picking this up

Hi Denzong,

Can you please tell us what made you go for AC Ryan? While there are other popular players/streamers, especially WD Live and Seagate FAT+

It would be really helpful in taking a decision if you guys can point out what made you have go for the specific streamer.

I am myself in the same situation, Ideally I would be playing Blue Ray movies from torrents and the dvd's i have already with me. For me its important that I get good visual quality. I am going to be using Projection on my media player.

Thanks for your time.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back