Best Mic for recording education session

petes

Folks - Because of pandemic, my wife need to record and send classroom sessions periodically. The problem with laptop mic is that, it picks up background and outdoor noise even though doors are shut.

Any suggestion for good mic to solve this problem?

Thanks guys!

There are mic from 700 rupee till 10000. What is the budget, can recommend accordingly. What are the priorities with the mic? Versatility, connection options, compactness, audio quality?

For microphone you need to decide on budget. To block the ambient noise you can use any box (cardboard or otherwise) and use 1" or thicker mattress foam. Later on you can add a pop filter. My wife has been using the same setup for recording her podcasts for over. Trying to post pics but getting file size error

Slight change in my requirement. Since it will be two way communication for online teaching, need a noise cancellation mic with headphones.

Basically for recording session and also online teaching. Single device and budget may be around 2k.

Last edited:
Folks - Because of pandemic, my wife need to record and send classroom sessions periodically. The problem with laptop mic is that, it picks up background and outdoor noise even though doors are shut.

Any suggestion for good mic to solve this problem?

Thanks guys!
You can check the SHURE SM 7B
OR the legendary corded mic for many years has been shure sm58 mic

budget ? Please do checkout the RODE mice as well

I got maono AU-04 USB mic which is good budget product.Its condensor mic with stand.Dynamic mics capture less noise though.

Thank you for your inputs. But I went for Logitech H340 as I needed headset design. Descent buy and pretty much serving my purpose.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back