Best Music Player

I used Foobar for months then switched to Jriver for 3-4 months and hen listened to foobar again. The difference was very clear. JRiver makes sound darker.

I had some observations with jriveer as music player

Don't have powerful enough pc to run bighead so skipped it

Switched to daphile, it's clean , good sounding but was too dry sounding for my taste

But some usual tweaks did improve the sound or you can say alter the sound to my liking

Now it's very detailed, reasonably thick in mid range

But fingers crossed, I want to try sparky + usbridge but I read only volumio supports sparky so not sure if I should make the move

Daphile is working very well for me with added benefit of having in built tidal app

I might be one of the few people who likes the basic Windows Media Player. Absolutely great to listen to. Foobar is great if you want to use ASIO.

I used to use the JRiver earlier and was introduced to Roon by JK from absolute sound. The difference is quite remarkable. Infact just recently he suggested to run HQ player in cohesion with Roon cos apparently the results are phenomenal . Am looking at trying to experiment with the trial version of HQ player.
Cheers!
Anand
STEREO: Transrotor zet 1 TT, Transrotor 8.2 MC reference phono stage, Ortofon rondo red cartridge, MSB Platinum iv DAC, MSB DATA TRANSPORT iv CD transport, mola mola Kaluga power amplifiers, Transparent audio Ultra cables and interconnects, Transparent audio premium USB cable, Transparent audio Reference Power cables Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive, Mac book air with Roon, Joseph Audio Perspectives Floor standers, Stillpoints Aperture Acoustic panels, Stillpoints Ultra mini isolators, Blue jeans CAT6a cables. Transparent Audio Power isolators mm2.

HT1: Optoma HD 82 projector, I box media player, Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive, Anthem MRX 500 AV receiver, B & W center & DALI surrounds, REL T5 subwoofer.

HT2: Panasonic 42' Plasma, Monitor audio Radius R250 center and front speakers, Radius R90 surrounds and radius R360 subwoofer. Dune media player and pioneer BDP 140 blu ray player.

I used to use the JRiver earlier and was introduced to Roon by JK from absolute sound. The difference is quite remarkable. Infact just recently he suggested to run HQ player in cohesion with Roon cos apparently the results are phenomenal . Am looking at trying to experiment with the trial version of HQ player.
Cheers!
Anand
STEREO: Transrotor zet 1 TT, Transrotor 8.2 MC reference phono stage, Ortofon rondo red cartridge, MSB Platinum iv DAC, MSB DATA TRANSPORT iv CD transport, mola mola Kaluga power amplifiers, Transparent audio Ultra cables and interconnects, Transparent audio premium USB cable, Transparent audio Reference Power cables Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive, Mac book air with Roon, Joseph Audio Perspectives Floor standers, Stillpoints Aperture Acoustic panels, Stillpoints Ultra mini isolators, Blue jeans CAT6a cables. Transparent Audio Power isolators mm2.

HT1: Optoma HD 82 projector, I box media player, Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive, Anthem MRX 500 AV receiver, B & W center & DALI surrounds, REL T5 subwoofer.

HT2: Panasonic 42' Plasma, Monitor audio Radius R250 center and front speakers, Radius R90 surrounds and radius R360 subwoofer. Dune media player and pioneer BDP 140 blu ray player.

If you trying HQ try using NAA with HQ

Microrenedu will work as HQ player NAA

Foobar is good because- its light on resources/ it is very good to customize- WASAPI, ASIO, UI and what not.

I use stock Foobar, coz its the perfect minimalist design. my 2 cents.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back