Best Plasma Panels - Quality wise Only

Best Plasma !!! Quality vs Price !!!

• Total voters
Agree that you have couple of good choices for the bigger screens.:)
My questions is : why LCD over Plasma ?
Any advantages or technology edge over plasma screens that will be available at that price point and size at that point of time ?

Old days LCD lacks deep blacks, lower refresh rates & very less models (in bigger sizes) to choose from.

Now plasma is bulky, heavy, power hungry & still issues with screen burn etc. Plasma has slight edge on the price point over LCDs (I'm judging the european market)

Agree that you have couple of good choices for the bigger screens.:)
My questions is : why LCD over Plasma ?
Any advantages or technology edge over plasma screens that will be available at that price point and size at that point of time ?

Old days LCD lacks deep blacks, lower refresh rates & very less models (in bigger sizes) to choose from.

Now plasma is bulky, heavy, power hungry & still issues with screen burn etc. Plasma has slight edge on the price point over LCDs (I'm judging the european market)

Sunil

First of all reagrding the consideration of Hitachi among top Brands...

So, you are talking about this forum, but i can get you live examples, of customers, dealers, corporates, or what ever and whome ever you want to concern with...

Pioneer is termed best agreed, but there price points, put them a bit down...
Hitachi was the best and is among the best, even after dropping out the prices, a bit of PQ as well...
As far as Panasonic, 6 months back, there sales, in Bangalore was not more than 20pc(s) per month...Shocking.. right... but thats the truth...
But, once they started advertisements, and approached more n more dealers, there sale have increased almost 6 - 8 times...

And consider any Flat Panel Surveys, Hitachi is always 5 rated...

I am not a star fan of Hitachi, i love Pioneer, and even consider Panasonic, for lot many customers, but can never deny the PQ of Hitachi...

Boss, i am selling these Panels, for more than 2.5 yrs, and as many recommendations, i have seen for Hitachi, i have never seen for Panasonic...

Regarding consideration of Sony LCDs, if you go through there specs, you will find that they are using IPS alpha technology, that technology is Patented by Hitachi, and may be you know or not, but Sony, doesnt manufacture there own Panels, they import, there start up series from Samsung, and higher ones from Hitachi & Sharp...

Regarding the weight of Plasmas, there is hardly a difference a kilo or two, comparing a 42" Panel...
Regarding the burning issues, Plasma have more than 1,40,000+hrs of span life comparable to 65,000+hrs of LCD, but due to there half life there life comes down to 70,000hrs...

Not just because of the price, the Plasmas are considered but because of the deep blacks, and contrast, and response time, and viewing distance, etc...

Bro, if you are watching a LCD in a dark room, and if you switch on the lights, experience the pain & irritation in your eyes...
Thats due to there brightness and black light technology, but as Plasmas generate there own picture, there is no problem like that...

If you watch any image in LCD, the croners will be dull & black, as the focus of backlight is in center and the light splits to corner...

But in Plasma, all the corners, center will have same light effects...

Consider all these points buddy, before making a purchase...

Dont mistake my aggression, but i just want to put ahead the truth and the considerations...

Regards

Mridul

No mridul, I've been mentioning the most popular US & European AV forum

So, you are talking about this forum, but i can get you live examples, of customers, dealers, corporates, or what ever and whome ever you want to concern with...

Quite bizzare, here nobody considers (even high street buyers) Hitachi as a brand, even goes below the dirty cheap supermarket own brands!

And consider any Flat Panel Surveys, Hitachi is always 5 rated...

Sony W4000 series is one of the biggest hit of last 2 months here.
Regarding consideration of Sony LCDs, if you go through there specs, you will find that they are using IPS alpha technology, that technology is Patented by Hitachi, and may be you know or not,

just an eg., if that helps
weight: plasma Vs LCD: 40kg vs 30kg (63.8lb)

Panasonic - ideas for life - Specification
Amazon.com: Toshiba REGZA 46XV540U 46-inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV: Electronics

Regarding the weight of Plasmas, there is hardly a difference a kilo or two, comparing a 42" Panel...

any authentic source? I was always under the impression that LCD has constant performance of the full life period and performance of plasma goes down as clock ticks on!
Regarding the burning issues, Plasma have more than 1,40,000+hrs of span life comparable to 65,000+hrs of LCD, but due to there half life there life comes down to 70,000hrs...

Really appreciated & once again thankyou for starting this thread :)
but i just want to put ahead the truth

Buddy...

I totally disagree your comments on Hitachi...

Regarding the flickering issue, it all depends, on the location, and input given, you cant blame a panel for that...
And moreover, do give this a attention....

Where ever in Panasonic, you will find a demo, they prefer gicing demos with there Full HD Player, or for Tata Sky, they use an amplifier to upscale the picture, and apart from all of that, in Panasonic Brand shops, the environment, is perfectly as per the home theatre room, so it gives a better look...

I have compared Pioneer Kuro, Hitachi, Panasonic & Samsung Plasmas...
Pioneer no doubt, at 1024x768 contrast tops the list, where Hitachi 1024x1080 is better than compared to Panasonic, and much better than Samsung & LG...All 50" Plasma...

All 4 Plasmas were mounted on same wall side by side, and were tested in different lighting modes, on contrast basis, and played sports, movies, news, and other channels & discs...

Panasonic no doubt is a good product too, but still not better than Hitachi...

Yes but, i will even say, new model of Hitachi 42" P42A01A, is a bit less in quality, than Panasonic 42PV70H, but, still Blur issues in Panasonic, make people to move to Hitachi...

Regards

Mridul

hey mridul,
i have heard that there are no more blurs in the panasonic model??:confused:
how diffe does a normal feed of 480i look on a kuro??

Does the same look better with variance in lighting, i have not noticed anything perticular??
rgds,
ali

yup its me.. :pi have not had a chance to look into the pansonic or the pioneer of late,its only been glimpses, plus your knowledge would do me good:D

Ali

We all are awaiting the Panasonic new series 42PV80H
as it has all new 11th Generation Panel...

Regarding Pioneer, the colors are more vibrant and blacks are deeper, even in 480i and the normal Tata Sky output...

Last time when i visited them, they were playing some news channel, and told the source being Tata Sky...

Last edited:
How is the Panasonic PV80H doing? Do we have any good reviews somewhere? I am planning to get one for myself.

Last weekend visited E-zone in Mumbai & they said the PV8 would cost 54K... I'm planning to go for it too...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back