Best Sub Woofer Under 20K

nipunkx

Hi Friends,
Which subwoofer should i ideally pare with this HT set up of mine (Yamaha RXV 481 and Taga 606se)? I am looking for sub within 20 k budget. Polk PSW 110 is one in my list. I read it is good for movies but not that good for music.

Adding below a comparison of Polk PSW 110 and Taga TSW 120 subwoofer.

attachment.php

Please guide me through in selecting the perfect sub. As i come from kochin, i don't have much options to audition and select. Your suggestions are what i depend on.

Attachments

• sub-spec1.png
    sub-spec1.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 419
Hi Friends,
Which subwoofer should i ideally pare with this HT set up of mine (Yamaha RXV 481 and Taga 606se)? I am looking for sub within 20 k budget. Polk PSW 110 is one in my list. I read it is good for movies but not that good for music.

Adding below a comparison of Polk PSW 110 and Taga TSW 120 subwoofer.

attachment.php

Please guide me through in selecting the perfect sub. As i come from kochin, i don't have much options to audition and select. Your suggestions are what i depend on.
There's a dealer (Praveen kr) for Taga in chennai gives the best offer with Manfacturer warranty /invoice. I'll message his number if I get it, he'll be putting ads on chennai quickr pages. You can try with bangalore dealers too.

Out of the options given by you and your speaker set up ; I'd go with Taga SW 10 (because of the superior build quality) or TSW 200 (12" driver). Remember, the size of the driver does matters when it comes to Subwoofers & two is always better than one ...

Thansk for your valuabel suggestions drkrack. :)
There's a dealer (Praveen kr) for Taga in chennai gives the best offer with Manfacturer warranty /invoice. I'll message his number if I get it, he'll be putting ads on chennai quickr pages.

Is there any other subs to consider in this price range of below 20K?

Attachments

• IMG-20170117-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20170117-WA0010.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Thansk for your valuabel suggestions drkrack. :)

Is there any other subs to consider in this price range of below 20K?
Yeah he's the same person, pretty reliable from my friend's experience. Thanks for sharing.

20k is a bit of a squeeze ; 30k should be a better investment for a movie enthusiast. Save more and buy later, buy better would be my advice. In my experience I found, Polk psw series is adequate for small rooms only (how much of it is due to room mode I can't say) , that too buy psw 125 not 110 for movies. The best subwoofer in Polk would be Dsw 550i (@33k) I think, velodyne or Bic America models will be in that range. Though I haven't heard Taga, but many FMs are happy with it. Check Sonodyne roarr at less than 25k range.

BIC America F12 has rave reviews, thought bit inflated pricing here as compared to US one.

I too am searching for Subwoofer in the same range.

Would be following the thread.

@Nipunkx: Do keep us posted about which subwoofer you finally bought?

Cheers!

I too am looking for a pair of Subs to go with my Yamaha Rx V681 7.2 Presently I have a Sony sub but ever since I changed my mains to Polk T60 Series II, the treble is heavier and Bass has take a back seat.
I think 2 x 10" Subs should work for me. Following this thread if someone can suggest something.

Hay guys I am also hunting for one in B'lore, i have the same options in mind, Polk psw110 & Taga TSW-120, I've contacted one of the dealer he was advising me saying Taga TSW-120 is better than Polk PSW110, it also comes with an heat sink and always better, and he was suggesting me to go for Mission MS200 sub over Taga & Polk since my budget is 20k max, please suggest..

From the specs given by respective companies Taga TSW-120 seems to be better than Polk PSW 110. Also while comparing the spec of Mission MS200 to Taga TSW-120, Taga seems to have an upper hand. Did you get any quote for Taga TSW 120 and Mission MS200? I got a quote of 15.5 k for Polk PSW 110 but looking forward for taga as my fronts are from the same family.

From the specs given by respective companies Taga TSW-120 seems to be better than Polk PSW 110. Also while comparing the spec of Mission MS200 to Taga TSW-120, Taga seems to have an upper hand. Did you get any quote for Taga TSW 120 and Mission MS200? I got a quote of 15.5 k for Polk PSW 110 but looking forward for taga as my fronts are from the same family.

He said he would give me 10% discount on MRP, you have any suggestion for Mission MS200, when he was talking about the quality of performance he said Mission sub is the best..

He said he would give me 10% discount on MRP, you have any suggestion for Mission MS200, when he was talking about the quality of performance he said Mission sub is the best..

Taga SW10 is expensive and out of my budget of 20K. (But for sure it has the best spec on Taga Subs discussed so far). No experience on Mission MS200 subs. Can any FMs using it or auditioned it give thier opinion on the sub please?

Hey Immu,

Would you like to try a group buy for that subwoofer in Bangalore? I'd be down for that. Maybe we can get a better deal if we can get 2, 3 or more. Worth a shot?

Hey Immu,

Would you like to try a group buy for that subwoofer in Bangalore? I'd be down for that. Maybe we can get a better deal if we can get 2, 3 or more. Worth a shot?

Sure! That will work, but still not finalized which one i have to freeze. eager to know the reviews of Taga Tsw120 & Mission Ms200 or if there is anything better for my budget of 20k.

I have a brand new Elac S10 Subwoofer (ELAC S10 Debut Series 200 Watt Powered Subwoofer by Andrew Jones) which is dual voltage. I have used it few times now it sits mostly unused in my apartments (due to neighbours having small kids and am worried of the bass this produces so I don't use it much :D )
Think I can let it go for 27k let me know if interested...I am in South Bangalore fyi.

Posting on old thread, I need a sub for me devialet 120. It does not have pre-out, so I need to buy a pre-out board or use speaker out and parallel with my Kef LS-50.

Need suggestion on using sub without pre-out and also which would be best sub under 1 lakh

Posting on old thread, I need a sub for me devialet 120. It does not have pre-out, so I need to buy a pre-out board or use speaker out and parallel with my Kef LS-50.

Need suggestion on using sub without pre-out and also which would be best sub under 1 lakh

Kindly start a new thread. This thread is for subs under 20 K :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back