Best Sub Woofer Under 20K

I have a brand new Elac S10 Subwoofer (ELAC S10 Debut Series 200 Watt Powered Subwoofer by Andrew Jones) which is dual voltage. I have used it few times now it sits mostly unused in my apartments (due to neighbours having small kids and am worried of the bass this produces so I don't use it much :D )
Think I can let it go for 27k let me know if interested...I am in South Bangalore fyi.

How is it for movies and music?

I have a brand new Elac S10 Subwoofer (ELAC S10 Debut Series 200 Watt Powered Subwoofer by Andrew Jones) which is dual voltage. Think I can let it go for 27k let me know if interested...I am in South Bangalore fyi.

Would this sub-woofer be a good buy at around INR17K($240)?

This has dual voltage built in. :thumbsup:

Hi

First of all you need to consider what front speakers you are using and what bass frequencies they are capable of outputting....then check if these fronts are placed optimally to get the best performance and sound....if you have done all this and still feel the need for a sub, check what subs are available in the market...one thing you need to look out for is to ensure that the sub is capable to deliver minimum 10hz frequencies lower than the fronts....no point for going for subs which deliver same or just 5hz lesser...not worth the investment....

Most jump for subs which are powerful...the trick in subs is to understand what frequencies they can deliver and its design.....the lower the better...you want a good movie and music balance....look for subs which can deliver 22hz-24hz....a 12 inch sub which has 100-150 watts continous power is more than enough for small to medium rooms (200sqft to 700sqft).....

Subs are required to compliment your other speakers and deliver the missing frequencies and a little thump for the wow effect!

Those who like a lot of bass will use bigger, powerful subs....or even more subs....again it depends on personal preferences, room size, acoustics, furniture, placement etc....

Audition where possible to decide....if you cant, check with friends in the same location, see YouTube videos to get some idea....then take a calculative call...

Hi nipunkx,
I am also from Cochi. Did you end up buying Taga TSW-120 or the Polk PSW110?
Please update. I am also on the lookout for a sub 20k subwoofer.
Also, from where did you get a 15.5k quote for Polk PSW110..?

Thanks Immu for guiding me with the thread..

Friends, do share your views:

Planning to buy a powered Sub-woofer to combine with Yamaha YHT-196.

Polk PSW110:

17.5k quote from Profx Cochin. Yet to take an audition.

Taga TSW-120
Priced at 19.9k in hifimart and 17.5k with ebay.in seller.
Is Taga a pinch better than the Polk counterpart. Also is it safe to buy hifi components from e-bay?

Thanks Immu for guiding me with the thread..

Friends, do share your views:

Planning to buy a powered Sub-woofer to combine with Yamaha YHT-196.

Polk PSW110:

17.5k quote from Profx Cochin. Yet to take an audition.

Taga TSW-120
Priced at 19.9k in hifimart and 17.5k with ebay.in seller.
Is Taga a pinch better than the Polk counterpart. Also is it safe to buy hifi components from e-bay?

Did you finally buy one?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back