Best Subwoofer around 50k

Hi

There are many subwoofers.....down firing or front firing...with port or without port....all depends on what is your room size and how much bass power you are looking out for....the best is to audition as many models possible with your kind of music and decide....some would be bassy, too loud or just blending in well.....

BIC America, Boston Acoustics, SVS, Velodyne, Paradigm, etc are well known subs in the market......

Trust your ears and take a decision....

Room size is 15x20 .....I prefer vented subwoofer.... It should be loud , deep and clean .....no distortion and no muddiness.....

I can't audition....no free time .....

I think SVS PB12 or PB2000 should be good and within ur budget .....
prices am not sure, but it should be within ur budget.

Cheers,
Aditya

How's the midbass in svs pb2000

I got a chance to listen to pb2000 only once for a very short time, all I remember was I was watching Avatar, I am sure that it reached all my expectations with lows and mids for that budget. My friend who owns this is in an apartment and it shook the neighbours place so much that they came to his place asking if anything is wrong. My opinion about this sub is an absolutely perfect choice for the budget, u can definitely go for this , if it's in ur budget.
Cheers,
Aditya

SVS sb1000 is way better than Dali E12F ..I think

IMHO, if it's a subwoofer, I would blindly go for a SVS rather than any other brand, only thing I need to think about is the budget, check with SVS what model is available for my budget and go for it. No second thoughts.
Cheers,
Aditya

SVS SB 1000 or SVS PB 1000???
Preference is 50% movies/music. Room size is 12x24 (living room adjoining dining room)
I am not looking for room shuttering effect, but need a smooth, tight and deep bass.
Frankly I am yet to audition them, will be doing it sometime soon.
Also got one offer 4 months old Velodyne Impact 12 for 24k, still under warranty, but doesn't have the bill or carton box. Is it worth going for this price???

I got a chance to listen to pb2000 only once for a very short time, all I remember was I was watching Avatar, I am sure that it reached all my expectations with lows and mids for that budget. My friend who owns this is in an apartment and it shook the neighbours place so much that they came to his place asking if anything is wrong. My opinion about this sub is an absolutely perfect choice for the budget, u can definitely go for this , if it's in ur budget.
Cheers,
Aditya

How much is the price of SVS pb 2000

SVS SB 1000 or SVS PB 1000???
Preference is 50% movies/music. Room size is 12x24 (living room adjoining dining room)
I am not looking for room shuttering effect, but need a smooth, tight and deep bass.
Frankly I am yet to audition them, will be doing it sometime soon.
Also got one offer 4 months old Velodyne Impact 12 for 24k, still under warranty, but doesn't have the bill or carton box. Is it worth going for this price???

Go for SB 1000. It seems to have tight bass and good for both Music and Movies. I have a PB1000 and I feel it is a bit boomy for my 16 x 17 ft room. I regret buying PB 1000 and think should have gone for SB 1000. I have not auditioned SB1000 though. I am saying based on reviews.

Refer the below link
http://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx33R6NJERQ649V/ref=ask_ql_ql_al_hza?asin=B00AF88C0M

Last edited:
If you dont have budget to go with pb2000 or sb2000 you can go with Velodyne impact 12. Its actually a excellent subwoofer for the price.

The important thing is how you set it up in your room. Each room will have a sweet spot and crossover , phase settings play important roles. I would say 80% will go with the placement and settings and remaining 20% is the sub performance. I have my sub placed doing the crawl method and done the setting on crossover using avr after a lot of tweaks.

The sub blends really well with music and movies and I just can feel the every bit of low end that need heard. Try feeling the sub rather than loudness. This is where we try to understand whether it is a good subwoofer. I have even had a experience of a guy who felt his SVS nsd12 subs are boomy and not sounding well. So just go for a audition and decide it. For your room size svs pb2000 or velodyne impact 12 would be perfect. I just kept my sub volume at 12'o clock position and avr lfe volume would be -10db which almost lowest, Still I feel the punch and low end rumble and smoothness.

You'll get a PB-1000 for < 50 k and a PB-2000 for < 70 k. The important thing is they both go really low (< 20 Hz). The frequency response is completely dependent on your room and there is no point in asking anyone about it or even demoing it outside your room. Room correction like Audyssey or Dirac Live is mandatory for good subwoofer performance.

Under 50K range i think nothing beats SVS Pb 1000 when it comes to Movies and if Music is your first preference then SVS SB 1000 would be ideal choice.

Go for SB 1000. It seems to have tight bass and good for both Music and Movies. I have a PB1000 and I feel it is a bit boomy for my 16 x 17 ft room. I regret buying PB 1000 and think should have gone for SB 1000. I have not auditioned SB1000 though. I am saying based on reviews.

Refer the below link
http://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx33R6NJERQ649V/ref=ask_ql_ql_al_hza?asin=B00AF88C0M

I have heard Velodyne(ported) and SVS Sb1000 long time back. found sealed one to be better. I would suggest audition both ported and sealed if you want to go for SVS or any other sub.

I have heard Velodyne(ported) and SVS Sb1000 long time back. found sealed one to be better. I would suggest audition both ported and sealed if you want to go for SVS or any other sub.

The SB-1000 is much more powerful sub. It being sealed is almost a non-factor here. The only practical reason to choose between ported and sealed is the size of the cabinet. Auditioning subs outside your own room is meaningless as the response is completely random compared to the showroom. When making a blind purchase (not testing in your own room is blind), always choose a ported sub as it is guaranteed to go lower and louder with less effort.

Finally, room correction like Audyssey MultEQ XT32 or Dirac Live is mandatory to get a good response from any sub in a non-treated room. Putting materials randomly on the wall does not count as treatment. The room is only "treated" when the response is measured with a calibrated microphone and found to be flat.

Last edited:
Finally went for Velodyne Impact 12 and I must say that I am very satisfied with this one.
Good thing is it doesn't sound loud and rattle everything in the house. It is just perfect, with softness, deep bass and more than that the feel of it. And another Good thing is that the presence of sub is not felt separately, but completely fills the room, some times I doubt that even if the sub is working or not (so I have been checking frequently if the sub is working or not :p) All together I am happy with the purchase for the price and output (24k for 4 mons old sub)
Now my family members also felt the richness of the sound and can make out from their expression that how nice they feel with the overall output of the music.
Movies watched, Spectre (trailer) and MI4 Rogue Nation, they are perfect and gives 100% movie watching exp in a theater.
I am yet to tweak the settings to see if there is a sweet spot which I am yet to discover.

*****Now I have a question.......should I use a stabilizer for the sub (I have been advised that the sub needs a stabilizer just to be safe).....any suggestions or advice???
If a stabilizer is required, can you please let me know what should I be looking for while making a purchase????

Congrats on your new sub. Definitely it is a excellent sub which I can recommend to any body with that budget.

Th sub is pure quality and when placed well it will provide the rich sound needed for movies. I just love my Denon and velodyne combo, they are awesome :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back