Best subwoofer under 40k

Anyone listened to Emotiva Airmotive s10 & s12 subwoofers ?

I like the design ....looks like a musical sub .... just like REL ....

Ok I decided to increase my budget upto 65k .... Any subwoofer for music
I started with a 40k budget too ...But found that most subs under this budget is usually good for movies . Finally took the plunge and got 2 x 8.17 XTZ 8 Inch subs. They sure can't go loud or low , but what they do extremely well is they are extremely fast and provide serious kick bass. They beautifully Compliment my bookshelf in stereo arrangement. U can't make out if the sub is playing . Imaging is spot on

I am in no position to comment which is the 'best' but I took delivery of a Dali E9F for exactly 40K about an week or so back.
It is a small sub, does not go that low (only till 34Hz) but what I am finding is it is pretty forgiving. I could position it well in a very disorganized room with not much freedom to play around the positioning. Does add a dimension to stereo, perhaps not for all music, it has its limitations at this price. Generally speaking it melds well, quite fast with decent punch, especially for rock that I listen to mostly.
Can't complain.

Anyone listened to Emotiva Airmotive s10 & s12 subwoofers ?

I like the design ....looks like a musical sub .... just like REL ....

It is better if you can audition and decide. Try to listen to same music tracks or movie scenes so that you will be able to make our the differences.

If you are going to watch movies, I recommend subwoofers which can handle 20Hz or below.
12" driver models are recommended compared to 8inch or 10inch, especially if you are going for sealed subwoofers like SB2000 which are good for music

Hi

I have experience with this sub

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/speaker_systems/yst-sw315/index.html

Yamaha make very musical products...since its a 10 inch i am sure it will perform at par with the SW315
Hello,
Can you pls tell hows the performance of Yamaha sw315? On paper its says it goes as low as 20 hz but i read some reviews where theu say lowest it goes is 27 hz. Also, the model seems to be too old ( 2005/2006 i guess) so how does it compare with today's subs of other brands in terms of quality build n performance?

It is a smooth sub.....my friend is using the same for music purposes along with Bose 901s in Goa,,,,,,,for music a decent job...for movies not really checked fully as his setup is a stereo amp with sub out...but was decent enough.

If you can spend 40k ...go for the BIC America PL 200 sub which is excellent value for money and does a decent job....increase your budget by 20 to 30k and you can get SVS or Sunfire etc

Can Rythmik L12 fill my 3300cu ft room ....

And does LV12R has port noise issues ?

And are Rythmik's reliable .... Will they last years?
You are Lucky to have big room.. Bigger rooms get cleaner bass.( My living room of around 4500cuft has Yamaha sound bar with sub- bass is very good for a 28k system. )
Filling the room depends on what volume you wish to listen.

Can Rythmik subwoofer directly be imported to India from Rythmik website .... or avenuesound is the only way for India?

I’m
Can Rythmik L12 fill my 3300cu ft room ....

And does LV12R has port noise issues ?

And are Rythmik's reliable .... Will they last years?
If you have big room then definitely consider RYTHMIK LV12F. You won’t feel regret. It’s powerful for movies and excellent for Music also!
I’m happy with L12!!

Last edited:
Hello,
Can you pls tell hows the performance of Yamaha sw315? On paper its says it goes as low as 20 hz but i read some reviews where theu say lowest it goes is 27 hz. Also, the model seems to be too old ( 2005/2006 i guess) so how does it compare with today's subs of other brands in terms of quality build n performance?
Check out the sw 300. Its part of the latest subwoofer series by yamaha and has good reviews

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back