Best subwoofer under 40k

Rajkumars

I am thinking of buying BIC America PL200 ii ....

Any other subwoofer under 40k that can beat it?

"Best" is relative. U could consider the emotiva basx series, sunfire sds10 and taga subs.

Up Ur budget another 10k and u can get a REL or an svs.

Many brands of subwoofers....it depends on placement,,,,size,,,,type..ported or sealed.....power......etc.......you need to pair it well with other speakers so you get maximum frequencies across the sound spectrum

For lil more than your budget, a dual 12 inch Taga TSW 200 should comfortably surpass a single BIC America PL200 ii ..

A single Taga Harmony Platinum Sw 10 v.2 may beat the BIC America PL200 ii by price, weight & performance..

The lowest that the Taga Sw 10v.2 could do in the room was 22Hz..

Until the shoot-out of the competing are evaluated in a room, there is no way to say which is better than the other..

Last edited:
Taga over BIC .... Is Taga really that good ?

I was owning the BIC America H100ii and wanted to go for an upgrade.......I auditioned the Taga SW 10v2 at MZ Audio Mumbai where it sounded good but was not as good as the BIC America I had..could be because of driver size difference and cabinet design......

I auditioned with Movie content and even regular music.....

BTW.....the H100ii is much better than the BIC F12........I auditioned the BIC F12 before purchasing the H100ii and didnt like it at all....no smoothness

I blindly updated to BIC America PL 200 (early model than the PL 200 ii) and it was more better than the H100ii and had real power coupled with performance. True value of money....

You can refer to the BIC America Owners thread and even the Taga Owners thread for actual feedback and review comments around the suggested sub and decide for yourself.

Besides the sub, its also about placement in a dedicated room or the regular room which has furniture and other objects......i have placed my sub in a regular untreated room which is my hall / living room.......no issues till date.....enjoying every playback be it music or movies etc.

From where can i buy Emotiva Basx S12 ..... htstore is showing its out of stock

This sub meets all my expectations .....

What is the intended purpose ?
For movies you need to select subs that go low , have extended response whereas for music you ll need ones that are fast and transparent . If you want a bit of both then see if the sub has good tuning options .
Also room size is an important parameter to consider.

Rythmik's are welknown for their musical performance. Look for high-end models in Rythmik if budget permits.

Svs sb2000 hands down. It's a very musical sub with a small footprint.

Also check rhythmic sealed subs but doubt if u can get it at mentioned budget.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back