Best Surrounds for 5.1 setup

rsklogin

Hi. What would be the best surround speakers for my current setup:
AVR: Pioneer VSX 524 5.1
Fronts: JBL Stage A120
Center: JBL Stage A125c
Sub: Old philips 8inch passive speaker powered by external amp. (To be upgraded soon).

I am not sure whether to get the Jbl 120s as surrounds too and make them a whole package, or to get something like the JBL control series or the Taga Surround speakers.

In my humble opinion , I would prefer to stick to same brand and same series if possible ensuring a seamless listening experience. However I have seen a couple of HT setup with different speakers and working well tooo. If there is a considerable price gap , you might want to mix and match. Else stick to the same series

In my humble opinion , I would prefer to stick to same brand and same series if possible ensuring a seamless listening experience. However I have seen a couple of HT setup with different speakers and working well tooo. If there is a considerable price gap , you might want to mix and match. Else stick to the same series
I do wish to get the same speakers but my budget has gone way overboard with the purchase of the new sub recently (Bic Pl 200 II). I intend to get the surrounds later on as my wife will certainly kill me if I spend any more on speakers for now.

IF you can get the same speakers get them, why not, however it is not a mandate. You can get away with something cheaper if your budget permits - a lot of us here use different brands for surrounds and atmos. BTW you can in the mean time use the satellites from the same philips setup you had the sub from (if they are around). I ran a similar setup with a Focal Sib satellites as my rears and sides.

IF you can get the same speakers get them, why not, however it is not a mandate. You can get away with something cheaper if your budget permits - a lot of us here use different brands for surrounds and atmos. BTW you can in the mean time use the satellites from the same philips setup you had the sub from (if they are around). I ran a similar setup with a Focal Sib satellites as my rears and sides.
That is my plan :) I'm still keeping the satellites for surround duty for now. Will be upgrading my avr to a more recent atmos avr around Diwali. Avr prices right now are astronomical due to the shortage and there aren't many options out there.

Will save up a bit more and get the avr and surrounds and atmos speakers.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back