Best usb DAC

ayushbajaj29

Hi guys!

I wanted to buy a decent usb dac to connect to my PC to listen nice (pure) music. My budget is from 5K - 12K.

I have done ample research and found these are the ones worth buying:
HRT Streamer II

Arcam rPac

Audioengine D1

NuForce uDAC2

Can you guys recommend me which one to buy among them or you have a better one then the above mentioned. Some description why you prefer it would really help me decide as well :)

Thanks!

I'd suggest you skip the nuForce. From the rest, pick any all are competitive. Also consider the Audinst HUD MX2 its classy little DAC for the price.

There is also a Wireless USB DAC from NAD, which is known as DAC1 and is really great at doing what its meant for with added flexibility in the form of using your laptop and keeping it wire free, and listening to music wirelessly.

There is also a Wireless USB DAC from NAD, which is known as DAC1 and is really great at doing what its meant for with added flexibility in the form of using your laptop and keeping it wire free, and listening to music wirelessly.

Can you share the cost of it?

Thanks

Wireless components are more susceptible to 'noise' aren't they? Anecdotal evidence, a mixer from my Mom's kitchen.

I own rPAC and is a great DAC. It requires a powered USB port. Please be aware that rPAC does not work with Linux (since it is a Class I USB device and the linux kernel does not support it). This has been clearly mentioned in the ARCAM website (Also I tried in linux it gets recognized as a alsa sound device, but no sound, gives error when you try to play).

I have tested it in Win 7 Foobar using ASIO and WASAPI.

@sam 9. I have the E7 but the ODAC is better but the latter doest have a headphone amplifier.

@soulforged. JDS labs sells a completed ODAC for 150 dollars as compared to the pcb alone for 99 dollars. Why to spend 2800 rupees for a tiny box.

JDS Labs - Store - DACs

Hi guys!

I wanted to buy a decent usb dac to connect to my PC to listen nice (pure) music. My budget is from 5K - 12K.

I have done ample research and found these are the ones worth buying:
HRT Streamer II

Arcam rPac

Audioengine D1

NuForce uDAC2

Can you guys recommend me which one to buy among them or you have a better one then the above mentioned. Some description why you prefer it would really help me decide as well :)

Thanks!

Have you checked m2Tech hiFace Two? Its available in india and will be shipped from Malaysia. It will cost you around 6K-7K. You can find contact personnel details here.

Doc, even I'm eying the ODAC but I want a fully built one with RCA outs. Only Audio Poutine seems to be offering that. Can you suggest some others who offer the same?

It is easy to get a 3.5mm-jack-plug to 2-RCA connectors cable. Theorists/engineers can say if this is likely to cause any degradation. I'd imagine that the contact area of the jack plug is less, but I don't recall any great theoretical enthusiasm for RCA, which I suspect is because it is. One of those accidental standards! Anyway, I am really not sure about this --- but making the conversion has never bothered me.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back