Best Value AVR for hi def audio formats/ pre-out?

ok - I am ready to buy denon 2309 with warranty etc. at a good price point. Do sellers see posts here? In case they do, send me a message. I am in Delhi NCR.

Here is the Denon 2309's (made in japan) rear - check the pre-outs!

You can buy this AVR from Sight and Sound (okhla) or Bass & treble (Denny Jose). Search the forum for address and phone numbers. And please go there for a demo (call them a day before going and ask them to set up the receiver and speakers) before deciding anything!

Attachments

• denon2309_Japan.jpg
    denon2309_Japan.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 167
I am in Delhi. Where is this Bass And Treble?
Do these okhla guys have any demo facility?

regards

Here is the Denon 2309's (made in japan) rear - check the pre-outs!

You can buy this AVR from Sight and Sound (okhla) or Bass & treble (Denny Jose). Search the forum for address and phone numbers. And please go there for a demo (call them a day before going and ask them to set up the receiver and speakers) before deciding anything!

Yamaha RX-V663 - 46,500/- (prices hiked from Jan 1)

That must be the MRP. They have offers going on all the time. Last month there was an offer in one of the malls in Mumbai (hypercity mall malad), where they were selling as low as 33-34k too.

I agree with what you said. So I go back to my initial question. Hi def sound and pre-outs with a budget range of 40k.

hi

what is the advantage of pre outs, we need pre outs only for powered sub woofer and i think almost all the AV receiver come with pre out for sub woofer kindly let me know what is the advantage of pre outs for other speakers.

thank u in advance

hi

what is the advantage of pre outs, we need pre outs only for powered sub woofer and i think almost all the AV receiver come with pre out for sub woofer kindly let me know what is the advantage of pre outs for other speakers.

thank u in advance

yes, all AVRs have the sub pre out, since they don't drive the sub. but not all have the pre-amp out for the L/R fronts/rear/surrounds or center. These pre amp outs allow you to use a power-amp and drive your speakers through the power amp, so your AVR becomes a pre-amp in this case.
YOu can set the AVR to stereo mode and use the power amp to drive your fronts for stereo listening.

There is a lot of information on this in this forum as well as on the web, just press the search button!

People like to keep front 2 speakers generally most powerful - for 2 channel music listening - and even in movies, most of the sound comes from front 3 channels.

For larger floor standers that require more power, power supply of AVR may not be adequate. So if AVR has pre-outs, it gives an easy option to just upgrade the power for fronts (or if needed for surrounds as well).

AVR's main functionality in this case is to act as a common switch/ hub, volume control, and other fiddling for your multiple movie/ game/ music sources.

regards

yes, all AVRs have the sub pre out, since they don't drive the sub. but not all have the pre-amp out for the L/R fronts/rear/surrounds or center. These pre amp outs allow you to use a power-amp and drive your speakers through the power amp, so your AVR becomes a pre-amp in this case.
YOu can set the AVR to stereo mode and use the power amp to drive your fronts for stereo listening.

There is a lot of information on this in this forum as well as on the web, just press the search button!

Can someone confirm if 1909 also has pre-outs?

Hi Marsilians,
The Denon 2309 which we buy here in India, whether official or grey market is not the US model, and is the Japanese one. This one has pre-outs for all channels.
Download the manual from the Denon Singapore or UK site.

Cheers
Nitish

Asian model yes, US model no.

I doubt that.

Denon Singapore (DENON SINGAPORE) 1909 manual says:
Audio PRE out (Sub woofer) 1

The rear picture of 1909 confirms only 1 sub pre-out.

Same goes with DENON JAPAN

You can check the 1909's rear - look at the lowest row center - tehre is a white sub-woofer pre-out section (For Asian models, AVR 2309 and above only seem to have 7+1 pre-outs)

Bhaskar

Last edited:
Guys

My sincere apologies. I mistakenly looked at the 2309 instead of 1909. Thanks for the catch Bhaskie. Sorry if I misled anyone due to my earlier note. Will edit it..

I doubt that.

Denon Singapore (DENON SINGAPORE) 1909 manual says:
Audio PRE out (Sub woofer) 1

The rear picture of 1909 confirms only 1 sub pre-out.

Same goes with DENON JAPAN

You can check the 1909's rear - look at the lowest row center - tehre is a white sub-woofer pre-out section (For Asian models, AVR 2309 and above only seem to have 7+1 pre-outs)

Bhaskar

Any idea about cost etc of Marantz, CA and NAD receivers in this price range?

How good is Marantz SR6003 - AV receiver - 7.1 channel and what is the cost?

I am also in the same boat. Need to replace my ageing yam. Looking for an AVR that can process new audio formats. Pre-outs is a must as I will get an integrated amplifier later for 2.1 music. I am planning to get one from US (220v models). Too bad most of the "affordable" denon models dont support pre-outs, its ruled out. My speakers are B&W 602 for fronts.
Are there not so expensive AVRs that make the need for a seperate integrated amp redundant?

I am also in the same boat. Need to replace my ageing yam. Looking for an AVR that can process new audio formats. Pre-outs is a must as I will get an integrated amplifier later for 2.1 music. I am planning to get one from US (220v models). Too bad most of the "affordable" denon models dont support pre-outs, its ruled out. My speakers are B&W 602 for fronts.
Are there not so expensive AVRs that make the need for a seperate integrated amp redundant?

Hi,

I got a Denon 2309 (japanese model) from Mumbai, from the grey market for 36k. You can buy this from the authorised dealer for 48k. This particular japanese model has preouts for all channels.
But please be aware if you buy the US model, then there are no preouts for all channels, and only sub preout.

Hi,

I got a Denon 2309 (japanese model) from Mumbai, from the grey market for 36k. You can buy this from the authorised dealer for 48k. This particular japanese model has preouts for all channels.
But please be aware if you buy the US model, then there are no preouts for all channels, and only sub preout.

Where did you get in Mumbai?
Which grey market?Alpha ,Heerapanna?

Where did you get in Mumbai?
Which grey market?Alpha ,Heerapanna?

I bought it from Sound Out Heera Panna.
But let me make one thing clear about grey market purchase of Denon. Not only do you not get the 1 year warranty, the Denon service centre (Pro Fx) will not even take your amp for paid servicing / repair if you have not bought it from them.
But the Sound Out guys (Irfan & Nitesh) have assured me that should the need arise, they will get it done through those same Denon engineers unofficially. And going by their cilentelle and my past experiences, I beleive them.
Sound Out +912223514625 / 3342

I bought it from Sound Out Heera Panna.
But let me make one thing clear about grey market purchase of Denon. Not only do you not get the 1 year warranty, the Denon service centre (Pro Fx) will not even take your amp for paid servicing / repair if you have not bought it from them.
But the Sound Out guys (Irfan & Nitesh) have assured me that should the need arise, they will get it done through those same Denon engineers unofficially. And going by their cilentelle and my past experiences, I beleive them.
Sound Out +912223514625 / 3342

I checked that 3 yrs back,when Denon 1706 was for 17k & at profx for 28k.
It the luck factor if you purchased greyone.Usage shld be as per compant instructions(ie connection/power )

Secondly if problem occurs,the saved money can be used.
One of the members had same issue when profx did servicing for US model after pataving for hrs 7 he was charged 15k (duration 48days)

Now KEI is new distributor for Denon in Mumbai too at Powai/Hiranandani.
They get AVR from Malasiya .The r distibutors for Hitachi LCD.

Another option is to wait fot Demo pieces to get heavy concession.
ie.on launch of new series,old Demo AVR are sold by distributor with discount & bill/warrenty too.
I was offered Onkyo Htib for 28k(mrp 35k)You are sure that the AVR /model is working well for past 1yrs,in AC room so chances of manufacturing faults are less.The machine is run less often(Demo only)I have also seen some faulty Demo pieces which are very new.You have best judgement too.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back