Best Value AVR for hi def audio formats/ pre-out?

Just an update - I have not purchased any of them. How is hk 355 compared to the ones suggested here?
Anyone heard marantz sr 6003?

Just an update - I have not purchased any of them. How is hk 355 compared to the ones suggested here?
Anyone heard marantz sr 6003?

recently helped a cousing set-up a marantz 6003 + Def Tech BP7006 based HT. great SQ with great options. it was able to drive the def techs to insanely loud level, inspite its modest 100 W specs.

One of the great pluses abt this AVR, IMO, is DSD decoding via HDMI.

thanks for sharing the info. Is 6003 anywhere close to this 8500 that you have - on not so insane levels I mean.

100w is no modest power - if the manufacturer has not fudged the numbers.
How much did the speaker package cost for def tech?

thanks for sharing the info. Is 6003 anywhere close to this 8500 that you have - on not so insane levels I mean.

100w is no modest power - if the manufacturer has not fudged the numbers.
How much did the speaker package cost for def tech?

I didn't do a direct comparison so can't say if they are exactly the same, but the sound characteristics are very similar. I can say that the def techs sounded really well through the marantz. IMO, BP7006 is a slightly forward sounding speaker and so the marantz (a warm one) is a good match. the room was as big as mine and the sound was filling (of course you need to crank up a little bit)

marantz are quite honest in their power rating and are known for their quality products, I don't think you need to worry abt that. but an AVR is an AVR, that's why I said 100 W being modest.
6003 was AED 3,300 and the BP7006 were AED 3500, rear and centre were AED 2400. 1 AED @ current rate equals Rs. 13.60

AED? I thought you were in India. So how are you using your NAD? Is it in the same system connected through pre-outs of avr?

regards

AED? I thought you were in India. So how are you using your NAD? Is it in the same system connected through pre-outs of avr?

regards

at the moment I'm not in India :). NAD C542 CD player's analogue outs are connected to the CD inputs of my AVR, always listen in Pure Audio mode to maintain as much as possible the NAD signature sound.

Pre-outs of AVR are used to connect to an external power amp. Although I'm considering upgrading, right now, its that One Box to rule them all :p

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back