Best "Value for Money" 12 inch active sub-woofer

druk2004

Dear friends,

Is the BIC America F12 the best value for money sub in 12 inch form factor ? Its available for ~35k as per online quotes.

OR do we have few rivals for F12 ?

BR
Roy

Under 50k bic pl-200-II is forums favourite and lot of happy owners. Other 12 inches are Polk,Taga,Monoprice. 50k plus you have lot of options. Svs, Rythmik,Rel,xtz,sunfire

Just the front port vs rear port.
Plus, pl200 ll goes till 20 Hz against 21 Hz with pl200.
Both these are best value for money subs.

Any store in Bangalore where i can audition the PL200ii ? I've checked with guys at Jamsticks and they told me that they have a space constraint.

Any store in Bangalore where i can audition the PL200ii ? I've checked with guys at Jamsticks and they told me that they have a space constraint.
Prosonics are the authorized dealers for Bic America in bangalore.
U can reach out to Santosh at 9341112580

Prosonics are the authorized dealers for Bic America in bangalore.
U can reach out to Santosh at 9341112580
I spoke to Santosh , he does not have the PL200ii for Demo nor it is in stock.

Btw he is currently dealing with Rythmic, so had the opportunity to demo L12 and LV12f

I spoke to Santosh , he does not have the PL200ii for Demo nor it is in stock.

Btw he is currently dealing with Rythmic, so had the opportunity to demo L12 and LV12f
Sorry to hear that you could not get the demo for pl200.
How did you like the rythmik L12?

Under 50k bic pl-200-II is forums favourite and lot of happy owners. Other 12 inches are Polk,Taga,Monoprice. 50k plus you have lot of options. Svs, Rythmik,Rel,xtz,sunfire
Hi, what are your thoughts on the xtz10.17? I was contemplating getting them or the XTZ 1x12 which i both auditioned recently along with an svs pb3000. I was blown away by the punch and impact of the svs whereas i felt the xtz had more of the deep bass which you feel more than hear. Also, where did you procure your xtzs from and for how much?

Another good VFM contender is the Yamaha NS-SW300 for around 25K. In fact, you can double up for the price of one BIC PL200-ii for better bass distribution and impact while watching movies. Its rather compact but can hit 20hz and it integrates extremely well with most speakers. A truly musical sub.

Hi, what are your thoughts on the xtz10.17? I was contemplating getting them or the XTZ 1x12 which i both auditioned recently along with an svs pb3000. I was blown away by the punch and impact of the svs whereas i felt the xtz had more of the deep bass which you feel more than hear. Also, where did you procure your xtzs from and for how much?
I got mine from a dealer in Chennai for 65k. The 10.17 is no match for the pb3000 or the 1x12 but it’s not a fair comparison given the the cost. The 10.17 is easily one of the best sub for movies in it’s price range. For a small to medium size room the 10.17 will perform very well

I got mine from a dealer in Chennai for 65k. The 10.17 is no match for the pb3000 or the 1x12 but it’s not a fair comparison given the the cost. The 10.17 is easily one of the best sub for movies in it’s price range. For a small to medium size room the 10.17 will perform very well

I was being offered the 1x12 for 87K though after hearing the PB3000, i couldnt get myself to go ahead and get the XTZ. i have a large living room so ill need a big sub or double up on my Yamaha NS-SW300. Frankly, the Yamaha rocks if you’re seated at the right spot and when coupled with the KEF Q350, the bass response is stellar.

another sub that’s brilliant for below 50k which i auditioned along with the XTZs was the Q Acoustics QB12. It’s very very good for the price and would have been a no brainer for me except its a sealed design and therefore, i cannot pair it with my Yamaha (which is ported) for a dual setup.

PB3K is on another level. SVS really outdid themselves with the PB3K.
But the Xtz is amazing for its price.
Agreed. The XTZs are great for the price if you get that kinda sound. Honestly, i prefer punchy bass rather than deep (if i have to choose only one between the two).
Another great contender in the 50K segment is the Q Acoustics QB12. Its got good deep bass for being a sealed sub and integrates beautifully with music. Honestly, i preferred it to all the XTZs except the 1x12 despite being cheaper (I happened to audition the XTZs, SVSs and the QB12 side by side). Though Sound is subjective, it’s definitely worth an audition as its a good sub objectively. Im honestly lamenting going for a ported sub initially cuz now i cant get a sealed design for a dual setup.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back