Best wireless stereo setup in 2 lacs budget

Venkyrenga

I am planning to buy a wireless stereo setup for a 12*14 ft room for music. Can you guys help me make the right choices?
Source will be my iphone 14 pro or Marantz CD player. I am a filmmaker so I expect uncolored neutral sound. So far I have shortlisted a few.

Speakers:
KEF LSX (no need for a separate amp or wireless streamer)
B&W 606 S2
Dynaudio Excite X14

Amp & DAC:
Marantz PM700N

Subwoofer:

Elac SUB3010
Q acoustics QB12

If you guys have better options please let me know.

I am planning to buy a wireless stereo setup for a 12*14 ft room for music. Can you guys help me make the right choices?
Source will be my iphone 14 pro or Marantz CD player. I am a filmmaker so I expect uncolored neutral sound. So far I have shortlisted a few.

Speakers:
B&W 606 S2
Dynaudio Excite X14

Amp & DAC:
Marantz PM700N

Subwoofer:

Elac SUB3010
Q acoustics QB12

If your budget is 2 lacs and want to enjoy stereo really then take advice of Mr. Viren(Lyrita). There is no point in making complications. Make simple system and enjoy your music. If your budget is more then many choices will be there.

This throws a googly into the mix. Are you looking for speakers to edit content or to listen to music? If it's the former, an active monitor, preferably with the ability to compensate for room nodes is your best bet.

Or is it that ones profession also decides their musical preference? ;)
Subwoofer:
Elac SUB3010
Q acoustics QB12

Elac does not represent great VFM out here. QB12 is decent if you can get it around the 50-55k mark. For music however, see if you can score a REL or a Rythmik. Something like the REL T5x/T7x or Rythmik L12 should blend well.

Home audio will be coloured one way or the other. Look for Active studio monitors. Genelec is one.
This throws a googly into the mix. Are you looking for speakers to edit content or to listen to music? If it's the former, an active monitor, preferably with the ability to compensate for room nodes is your best bet.

Or is it that ones profession also decides their musical preference? ;)

Elac does not represent great VFM out here. QB12 is decent if you can get it around the 50-55k mark. For music however, see if you can score a REL or a Rythmik. Something like the REL T5x/T7x or Rythmik L12 should blend well.
We have our separate studio for editing and mixing. This is just for listening. I just meant that it is not for partying and more like artistic listening. So I expect transparency and neutral sound.

I am getting the Elac sub for 47.5K and QB12 for 57K.

Neutral and life-like are not necessarily the same thing.

And speakers being neutral in an anaechoic chamber doesn’t mean they will be neutral in your room.

Listen to different types of speakers before jumping in with preconceived notions of what the sound should be.

Someone suggested Quad S2 and said it is the best in that price range. Any thoughts on that?
I have the Quad S5 (floorstander version) and while it's a terrific speaker, and while i do consider it the "best" with respect to certain attributes amongst the speakers I've experienced, one can't call it the better speaker definitively. It entirely depends on what resonates with you.

To use iphone as source, which i presume means you wish to use streaming services like Apple Music, the wireless speakers will have to support Apple Play or Bluetooth natively.
Else you will need an external source that supports streaming services and then you can choose any active speakers/monitors.

Wireless speakers with inbuil-DAC and streaming options are available from KEF, Dynaudio (Xeo and Focus series), Q Acoustics, Magnat, Elac, Air Pulse, Audio Engine to name a few.

I have the Quad S5 (floorstander version) and while it's a terrific speaker, and while i do consider it the "best" with respect to certain attributes amongst the speakers I've experienced, one can't call it the better speaker definitively. It entirely depends on what resonates with you.
Adding a few tidbits for added perspective - the Quad S5 was my primary speaker before getting the Definitive Technology D9 and Dynaudio Excite X14. Now I'm petrified of reconnecting it to my main system, lest i prefer my newer babes. 😂😂

Someone suggested Quad S2 and said it is the best in that price range. Any thoughts on that?

While the Deftech does a lot of things better than the Quads, its not per se what people describe as a "natural" sounding speaker so you can immediately scratch it off your list. Funnily enough, that's the first thing i exclaimed about it when i auditioned it side by side with the B&W 606 S2 and 607 S2.

It's the Dynaudio which competes head to head on the same aspects as the Quad.

Last edited:
Adding a few tidbits for added perspective - the Quad S5 was my primary speaker before getting the Definitive Technology D9 and Dynaudio Excite X14. Now I'm petrified of reconnecting it to my main system, lest i prefer my newer babes. 😂😂

While the Deftech does a lot of things better than the Quads, its not per se what people describe as a "natural" sounding speaker so you can immediately scratch it off your list. Funnily enough, that's the first thing i exclaimed about it when i auditioned it side by side with the B&W 606 S2 and 607 S2.

It's the Dynaudio which competes head to head on the same aspects as the Quad.
How does Quad compare with B&W 606?
And would you describe Dynaudio X14 as natural sounding? Are they fussy with positioning?

Last edited:
The Quads are fairly neutral speakers. Pair it with the Marantz to hear its airy vocals, pair it with an entry level Denon and you will hear the Quads become quite ordinary, pair it with a Sabaj for long non fatiguing listening sessions, pair it with a flea-watt single ended tube amp and you will want to listen to it for long hours. In a mood for a lively session ? Pair it with the Crowns.

As always, listen before you buy.

How does Quad compare with B&W 606?
And would you describe Dynaudio X14 as natural sounding? Are they fussy with positioning?
On a not completely unrelated note, I must learn Klingon.

P.s. - all ported speakers are fussy about placement in my experience. The least fussy in my experience has been the Deftechs but that's not "natural" sounding 😂 😂 😂

P.p.s. - checkout how Definitive Technology achieves this feet.

Last edited:

Speakers:
B&W 606 S2
Dynaudio Excite X14

Amp & DAC:
Marantz PM700N

Subwoofer:

Elac SUB3010
Q acoustics QB12

you are going to get so many answers to this one :). There is nothing called an uncolored sound especially if your source as an iphone, even Marantz will add its own colour.

The most neutral would be to get a Studio monitor as many have suggested above , Since you are using your phone as well you need either a streamer + Active speaker like a Genelac/Dynaudio or buy one with a DAC built in like the KEF. I personally have not liked the sound signature of the genelac speakers but again there are others who would swear by it so its very personal

For sheer simplicity the KEF is perhaps the better option available today as then you dont need to worry about . you will need a sub with that and ideally get the compact KEF62 sub and you have a wonderfully simple system. but again since it has RCA sub out you could put any SUB..i would suggest you look at a REL.

The genelac sub also looks like a great option

I owned the KEF LSX for a small period of time , they had a very pleasing signature and were not bright at all. To the extent they managed to dig down the bass quantity was sufficient in amount and the convenience of an all in one was a big plus point. However depending on the price you get them at I wont necessarily say they are the best for the money you pay , SQ wise a PM6006 + Concept 20 was outright better than the LSX. So if a passive setup works for you convenience, neat look and real estate wise then I would suggest to ignore the LSX else they are quiet decent for a minimalistic setup on a desk.

you are going to get so many answers to this one :). There is nothing called an uncolored sound especially if your source as an iphone, even Marantz will add its own colour.

The most neutral would be to get a Studio monitor as many have suggested above , Since you are using your phone as well you need either a streamer + Active speaker like a Genelac/Dynaudio or buy one with a DAC built in like the KEF. I personally have not liked the sound signature of the genelac speakers but again there are others who would swear by it so its very personal

For sheer simplicity the KEF is perhaps the better option available today as then you dont need to worry about . you will need a sub with that and ideally get the compact KEF62 sub and you have a wonderfully simple system. but again since it has RCA sub out you could put any SUB..i would suggest you look at a REL.

The genelac sub also looks like a great option
Unfortunately Kef lsx is out of stock everywhere. For now I have decided to go with,
Quad S2
Marantz PM7000N
Elac Sub3010

Marantz I think has both streamer and amplifier.

Unfortunately Kef lsx is out of stock everywhere. For now I have decided to go with,
Quad S2
Marantz PM7000N
Elac Sub3010

Marantz I think has both streamer and amplifier.
As a learned FM pointed out above, Marantz Amps are coloured. In fact, I'd go on to say they're highly coloured. This would militate against your requirements.

SQ wise a PM6006 + Concept 20 was outright better than the LSX
That's a great tip. Now I've some ideas that i need to execute ASAP! 😋

Last edited:
I personally
Went out
And got this

It sounds really nice

Practical
Minimilastic

The sounus Faber omnia
For 1.95

And yes it does have seperation
In case you're wondering

P.S
I had heard it a couple times before i went in
And i think i had written a short review when i heard it in display atbthe what hifi show as well

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back