Practical
Minimilastic

The sounus Faber omnia
For 1.95

And yes it does have seperation
In case you're wondering

P.S
I had heard it a couple times before i went in
And i think i had written a short review when i heard it in display atbthe what hifi show as well
Seems interesting..
Are they available in India?

It's going for a fantastic price. Great VFM at the moment. The Marantz PM8006 is going for an unbelievable price as well. Folks in the States freaked out when i told them the India price.
Just checked the price and am shocked. That's about half of what I saw in the past. Total VFM.

Just checked the price and am shocked. That's about half of what I saw in the past. Total VFM.
Marantz 8006 is going for 80K right?

I am wondering if I should just stretch my budget and go for Kef ls50 wireless ll. I am getting it for 2.6 lacs.

Marantz 8006 is going for 80K right?

I am wondering if I should just stretch my budget and go for Kef ls50 wireless ll. I am getting it for 2.6 lacs.
Yes. Around 80K. My choice will be the kef wireless as the amp inside is tailor made for the speaker. But, it is safe to audition it before taking the call.

Yes. Around 80K. My choice will be the kef wireless as the amp inside is tailor made for the speaker. But, it is safe to audition it before taking the call.
Actives are kind of hit or miss. Unless you have spent a good amount of time auditioning it, tread cautiously

Another problem with Actives is that if anything malfunctions, you have to send to the entire unit back for repairs. With repair/replacement times in India, I've seen it extend to 2-3 months for even high selling brands such as Q Acoustics. I shudder with KEF, especially a higher end unit.

Unless you've got a spare system, you'll out of luck (and music) for an extended period of time. Much easier to get/have a spare pair of speakers/amp for a passive system if something fails.

The problem with most people when they go for actives is that they don't exactly think through the benifits/disadvantages of active vs passive and many a time, they labour under certain delusions.

The biggest delusion/misunderstanding that most people have with respect to Active Speakers is that cables are a non-issue and it's easier to get a tidier and less cluttered setup.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. It's much harder to get cabling to look tidy in an active setup, Especially if you want to do more than just wireless streaming.

Plug an optical cable/hdmi/USB to the back of a KEF LS50II or Q M20 HD and you've got cable clutter that's much more difficult to manage compared to speaker cables.

The least cluttered active option is to go with one that is similar to a passive one i.e. those that come with a central hub (such as Buchardt A500 and the Mission LX-2 connect).

Another problem with Actives is that if anything malfunctions, you have to send to the entire unit back for repairs. With repair/replacement times in India, I've seen it extend to 2-3 months for even high selling brands such as Q Acoustics. I shudder with KEF, especially a higher end unit.

Unless you've got a spare system, you'll out of luck (and music) for an extended period of time. Much easier to get/have a spare pair of speakers/amp for a passive system if something fails.

The problem with most people when they go for actives is that they don't exactly think through the benifits/disadvantages of active vs passive and many a time, they labour under certain delusions.

The biggest delusion/misunderstanding that most people have with respect to Active Speakers is that cables are a non-issue and it's easier to get a tidier and less cluttered setup.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. It's much harder to get cabling to look tidy in an active setup, Especially if you want to do more than just wireless streaming.

Plug an optical cable/hdmi/USB to the back of a KEF LS50II or Q M20 HD and you've got cable clutter that's much more difficult to manage compared to speaker cables.

The least cluttered active option is to go with one that is similar to a passive one i.e. those that come with a central hub (such as Buchardt A500 and the Mission LX-2 connect).
I agree with you. Actives have their own share of advantages. Wire clutter is not one of them.

Partially correct.
It is much easier to manage cables with studio monitors where you just need to run one XLR or RCA cable per monitor in addition to the power cables.
With active speakers with in-built DAC, you just need to run one cable from your transport (coaxial or toslink). The other speaker which will act as slave will either be wirelessly connected to the master or via another cable.
Ofcourse you need to run power cables to the two monitors.

In my current setup of active speakers, I have the transport placed very close to the master speaker so cable management is very easy.

My personal opinion
Is that not all of the above statements are entirely accurate

Being in the business

It is not at all correct to say actives will go kaput and you may have an issue with the internals
This issue can happen even with your external amp with the same probability
And infact the probability of it happening with the brand's i mention below is even lower than say a marantz / denon

Many recording studios use actives
And they play way more hours then casual listners

PMC , ATC , genelec , sonodyne , focal , Dyna , Buchardt
All these are used in Pro
Each of these are built to last
Their failure rates will probably be lower than your mass market amps

So the tech and longevity is there for actives
It's only to be seen which brands choose build that robustness into their products

Sound wise is there a big difference between Marantz PM7000N and PM8006? Because I am getting them both for the same price and PM7000N has built-in streamer. I am wondering if I should go for that instead.

In many cases, large mass market consumer electronic brands
who have a varied diversified portfolio ( mainly created to try and cater and satisfy to every customer in every budget ) use broadly the same parts and modules in a range of their products with modifications

Many a times the price difference is "created " by marketing and the situation rather than it being justified in terms of higher quality parts or a different tech

Sometimes a closer inspection of their repair manual or parts makes this apparent

They all have to introduce a new series every year
Changing the prefix or suffix of a model number
And adding a small addition / mod
( Which isint that important to you )
Doesbt mean new tech

So if you really don't see/read much of a difference
Their probably isisnt

Plus the flexibility to upgrade. Actives take away the flexibility to try another speaker or amplifier based on our taste, which changes as we mature. IMO, market for actives is still not very big, so at a later stage if one wants to sell for any reason, he might not get a good price. So audition actives extensively and once we are 200% sure that this is the sound signature we can live with for years to come, jump into it else discrete would be a safe bet

All these posts will confuse you. My advise:
Start with the speakers - 50% of your budget should be allocated here.
Go and listen to as many as possible and see which ones make you feel "really nice" with your fav music, without getting coloured by the brand reputation, looks, size, recommendations etc.
Then choose the electronics - less risky to go with reviews on this.
But if you buy speakers purely on the basis of reviews and recommendations rather than a listen you will risk an upgrade / change very soon. Do not compromise on speakers and they will serve you for decades.

Plus the flexibility to upgrade. Actives take away the flexibility to try another speaker or amplifier based on our taste, which changes as we mature.
For me, this was the outstanding issue while exploring KEF LS50 Wireless II. With a stated retail price of ~3L, it meant that I will have to uproot a sizeable investment when I upgrade. I am already aware that my taste will change/mature as I can see that the songs I used to audition for my current set of speakers is very different from what I had used when I bought my first pair a decade ago.

However, as a unit, LS50 Wireless II is a very good set up. As already mentioned by others, don't pursue a technical definition of sound - listen and confirm the sound that suits you. If this unit suits you and you will stick around with it for next 5-6 years, worth a buy!

Last edited:
Is Marantz PM7000N enough to get good quality sound from LS50 meta? I don't have the option to audition this combination.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back