Best wireless stereo setup in 2 lacs budget

LS50 meta + Marantz PM8006 + wireless streamer (or) LS50 wireless ll
I will put my money on the LS50 w2. In all probability the wireless will sound better than the passive combo mentioned above. Plus you get some flexibility to tweak the settings to suit your preferences. You can later add a quality sub to take the system to a whole new level. Reliability of an active system is on par with or better than passives because you are protected from overdriving your amp or speaker unless it's a DIY active speaker. I have been using actives for almost 10 years without any issue.

I will put my money on the LS50 w2. In all probability the wireless will sound better than the passive combo mentioned above. Plus you get some flexibility to tweak the settings to suit your preferences. You can later add a quality sub to take the system to a whole new level. Reliability of an active system is on par with or better than passives because you are protected from overdriving your amp or speaker unless it's a DIY active speaker. I have been using actives for almost 10 years without any issue.
I guess you haven't come across the posts by @quixote_1989 . He had a nightmare experience with the M20 HD. Even otherwise, the KEF official forum on Facebook and the page is flooded with posts of the LS50 wireless failing. Wireless system require more planning than passive!

I'm all for actives as they offer the best bang for buck. I have a couple myself. However, cable management is a nightmare with them, especially if you have multiple sources and/or don't have a dedicated well thought out listening room, as is the situation in my case

But most importantly, as many experienced FMs have commented, listening to the active speaker is of utmost import before making the selection as you can't swap out the amp/speaker to rectify the deficiency if you don't like the sound, compounded by the fact that Resale for actives is pretty poor compared to what I've experienced for passives.

I guess you haven't come across the posts by @quixote_1989 . He had a nightmare experience with the M20 HD

Yep, it's an amazing pair of speakers, as long as it doesn't abruptly die.

Been doing okay since the repair, sans the bluetooth. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Yep, it's an amazing pair of speakers, as long as it doesn't abruptly die.

Been doing okay since the repair, sans the bluetooth. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Bluetooth not working still? You should get it repaired within warranty, else ask for a replacement if they can't fix it. Fight for your rights... And it's a rather inexpensive and straightforward process (before the district consumer forum).

Quad S2 + Marantz PM7000N (or)
LS50 wireless ll

I have to take the final call. Despite the LS50's amp being tailor made I am thinking against it because I was told that it is slightly on the bright side and the nearfield quality is not that great. It is also 95K more expensive than the Quad S2 combo (2.6 lacs against 1.65 lacs).

I would like to make my decision mostly based on sound quality rather than on other reasons like easier replacement of speakers or wiring complications.

Last edited:
If you have the space choose the quad/Marantz combo.
I would have recommended the Fyne Audio F500 if you were looking at the Passives but if you have already liked the Quad sound just go for it.

With the money saved you can buy a ipad mini dedicated for music :D..and apparently there is a way to connect it via a USB cable to the dac which makes it better than streaming as @mbhangui has explained in another thread.

Last edited:
If you have the space choose the quad/Marantz combo.
I would have recommended the Fyne Audio F500 if you were looking at the Passives but if you have already liked the Quad sound just go for it.
True. Auditioning is the way to go. If the OP liked the Quad sound over everything else, that's that.

True. Auditioning is the way to go. If the OP liked the Quad sound over everything else, that's that.
Yup there is always a better amps/better speaker... etc etc .
The most sensible way is to go with what you like and going with something you have heard and liked is better than something you think you might like :)

Auditioning at showrooms can sometimes be a different experience with the same speakers at your home as the room (listening environment) can make a marked impact on the final sound that reaches our ears.
So one needs to weigh-in this aspect aswell while making a decision and see if the dealer is willing to present a home audition.

I personally
Went out
And got this

It sounds really nice

Practical
Minimilastic

The sounus Faber omnia
For 1.95

And yes it does have seperation
In case you're wondering

P.S
I had heard it a couple times before i went in
And i think i had written a short review when i heard it in display atbthe what hifi show as well
Looks fabulous! What other comparable products did you consider? Wonder how it compares with the Naim Mu-so 2 which is similarly priced (locally)?

Despite the LS50's amp being tailor made I am thinking against it because I was told that it is slightly on the bright side and the nearfield quality is not that great. It is also 95K more expensive than the Quad S2 combo (2.6 lacs against 1.65 lacs).

I would like to make my decision mostly based on sound quality rather than on other reasons like easier replacement of speakers or wiring complications.
Quads are not laid back speakers either. Please listen to them before you buy. Sonus Faber Lumina series is another option. A bit more easy on the high frequencies but a nice sounding speaker too.

Quads are not laid back speakers either. Please listen to them before you buy. Sonus Faber Lumina series is another option. A bit more easy on the high frequencies but a nice sounding speaker too.
The Quads are the brightest speaker I have (barring the Hivi Swans D1090). The ribbon tweeters are the star of the show on the Quads but they have a bright and forward presentation. KEFs are much less brighter. B

But bright is not a bad thing - despite the brightest and most forward, they're also my favourite speakers.

Last edited:
Bluetooth not working still? You should get it repaired within warranty, else ask for a replacement if they can't fix it. Fight for your rights... And it's a rather inexpensive and straightforward process (before the district consumer forum).

Yeah that is the plan before the warranty runs out, might go to the 'other' Bengaluru service center this time and see how they fare.

I am also wondering what is the difference between a pre out and sub out in an amp. Marantz pm8006 only has a pre out and no sub out whereas 7000n has a sub out. Is there an advantage in connecting the sub to sub out over pre out?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back