Beware of snapdeal

Rupam

If you value your money don't ever purchase anything from snapdeal. Their So called "Trust Pay" is nothing but a trap.
1. I have ordered a SD card (order number 1277188613) on 23-09-13 which was sent via bluedart (waybill 69037603692) on 25th Sep.

2. The Tracking ID of bludart has been showing status as Flight/Vehicle/Train; Delayed/Cancelled since 27th September. On contacting the Bludart they said that Kolkata Hub never received the product from Delhi Hub.

3. When I called Delhi Hub they said that Snapdeal has to redispatch the order !

4. I have been calling snapdeal since 30th September, and Each time I get to hear this same line 'SIR YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN ESCALATED, AND YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE WITHIN 24-48 HRS."

5. The product never reached me even on 7th October. So don't fall for Trust Pay and other "sweet Deals" of snap deal.

vpvt.png

69va.png

Last edited:
somehow i dont trust snapdeal. if i order something from them then i make sure that i opt for cash on delivery. atleast i dont end up following up to get my money.

About 2 weeks back we bought something from snapdeal, after one week our order was cancelled without mentioning any reason. i was not bothered to call them as i have not paid anything to them.

I learned this simple lesson after having very bad experience with fashionandyou about 2 years back.

Cash on Delivery is actually becoming a loss for such e-Retail companies since many cases are being reported where customer refused to accept deliveries resulting in returns, seems people ordered just for fun :)

However I am sorry Rupam for what happended to you, if you paid by credit card, please file a complaint to the CC company as a disputed transaction since you have not received the service for the charge to you.

I ordered one Onida Cellphone which had the cheapest price over Net on Snapdeal, so far running fine for 1 year without issues and delivery was good too, nevertheless nothing stands against this problem in their service that you have reported

I have made many purchases with Snapdeal. So far fine but not great. Mostly opt for CoD to be on safer side.

I have made many purchases with Snapdeal. So far fine but not great. Mostly opt for CoD to be on safer side.

Unfortunate COD was not available for discounted price. I blame it more on flipkart. I have been a faithful flipkart customer for 3 years, but now recently they have hiked price a lot and under 500/- orders are not eligible for free shipping. So I tried another e-retailer and look what happened.

Sad that this has happened to you... Have using Flipkart only for the last 1 year & i must say that Flipkart service has been phenomenal given that i live 45 Kms away from the Chennai City...

i order usb 3.0 cable
they sent usb 2.0 it was wrong product
or dummy or duplicate product
I paid 299 now after
I return same to snapdeal
SIR
YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN ESCALATED,
AND YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE WITHIN 24-48 HRS
i mailes many time called many time
reverse pickup done
but no money refunded
SIR
YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN ESCALATED,
AND YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE WITHIN 24-48 HRS

Last edited:
Sad to hear this. I have ordered only couple of times on snapdeal and always through COD. I remember ordering 7-8 CDs and I got all except two.

I did some 15-20 orders with them in past 1-1.5 years. Item includes small things to things as big as a subwoofer, fridge.

75% - Delivered on time, item was fine

20% - I did not like the item, size was wrong, broken piece - they arranged the pickup and refunded the money in 7 days.

5% - It was a fridge, that too a big one, they did not ship it in given time; i asked them to repay the money. They agreed and than shipped the fridge; I rejected the delivery; fridge went back (Blr - Dli); I got my amount.

So all in all; pretty good experience going by Indian standards.

IMO credit card is safer than COD; if the merchant does not stand by the commitment; dispute the transaction. I have done it on many occasions and the result was 100% favorable.

<OT> ebay is invested in snapdeal. </OT>

Last edited:
Out of some 10 purchases, I have had one bad experience with Snapdeal for the Altec Lancing VS2621E that I ordered. They delayed too much (3 weeks) and finally cancelled it. This is after I confirming with them on mail and phone if the product was in stock for which they replied yes. Till the last minute of cancellation (I mean it), they keep blindly promising that the order is in process and it may be shipped anytime. I really wonder why it would take 3 weeks to just ring up the seller and ask for the stock status. They have no real time update of inventories and they are armed with a robotic customer support who are trained to say only one word, 'Sorry' and their email team use canned responses for 100% of their replies.

Good thing is that they have some rare to find items and their overall pricing is very competitive. I have bought a graphic card, CPU and many auto accessories from them.

I had late wisdom that COD is the safest bet for such erratic sites. Last week I ordered a JVC car stereo CD receiver from Snapdeal on COD basis and they delivered in time. But I suspect some tampering of the box as there was no seal on it and I could find finger print and smudges on the front panel (otherwise it looks new/ unused). I really hope there is no need to return it as this model seems to be difficult to source (I earlier ordered this JVC unit on homeshop18 and they did the same what Snapdeal did to me for Altec).

Ebay is far superior when we deal with reputed sellers. I have been happy for 95% of the time with ebay and even more with Flipkart.

My experience with Snapdeal is not good too. They have cancelled my 3 orders after 20-25 days of placing the order. Even they don't notify if there is delay in shipping. After reaching the estimated date of shipping EVERYTIME I asked them about the shipping update for the placed orders, after that they cancelled the order by saying there is issue from the seller's side.

So far have been always lucky with ebay, flipkart, homeshop 18 and jabong with CC payments. Yet to try rest of the sites. Hope to be lucky each time :)

Still Snapdeal has done nothing. I think I have to go to consumer court. Can anyone please tell me how to approach consumer court. I went to the WB consumer court website. After registering and loggin on , I can see that the address of the company against which I'm complaining should be from WB. Snapdeal is based in New Delhi.

As India has almost no consumer law and the consumer courts are highly corrupt,it is better to avoid online shopping except "cash on delivery" system.

As India has almost no consumer law and the consumer courts are highly corrupt,it is better to avoid online shopping except "cash on delivery" system.
Not really. I have seen many cases reported in newspapers where consumers were awarded a favourable verdict. Just yesterday, in Pune papers, there was a news that a consumer had been awarded favourable result against Samsung. Some 10K of refund + court/case fees were awarded. The consumer had purchased a Samsung phone that stopped working in a couple of months. It was repaired free of cost but went bad in another four months. The consumer demanded replacement or full refund but Samsung refused. The consumer filed a case in the consumer court.

Contrary to what you precieve, I have heard a lot of good things about consumer courts.
Still Snapdeal has done nothing. I think I have to go to consumer court. Can anyone please tell me how to approach consumer court. I went to the WB consumer court website. After registering and loggin on , I can see that the address of the company against which I'm complaining should be from WB. Snapdeal is based in New Delhi.

As regards to where the case can be filed, I believe that jurisdiction is not clear in case e-shops. E-shop may be based anywhere in the country but the consumer will be in some other state. The jurisdiction issue may be relaxed in this case. You may check.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back