Beware of snapdeal

Have you paid using your debit card or credit card? You can raise a dispute with your bank on the transaction. Hassle free and works always.

So very true. Many times, just threatening to do a credit card chargeback or dispute will quickly get everyone but the most horrid e-commerce players' attention.

If you are an e-commerce site, too many chargebacks and you end up paying a larger commission to the payment processor or even having your contract terminated.

For a successful chargeback you need to have your documentation in order showing the attempts at contacting the merchant and non responsiveness, non delivery, defective product and as much proof as possible. Use e-mail for your communication with the merchant rather than using the phone whenever possible.

my experience and definitely my last:rolleyes: with Snapdeal left me very dissatisfied and betrayed:(. I had paid for a Bluray player using my CC and they cancelled the oreder without due notice or intimation after 10days - meanwhile the latest CC statement reflected the charge! there Customer service is unfriendly and outright arrogant. Unfortunately, i had to speak to a CS agent who was out-most rude and courteous! I will never ever buy anything from Snapdeal never ever!

Truly horrid website. Ordered Steely Dan SACD from Snapdeal, was informed a week later order was delayed. There was a second message about a delay and then the order was cancelled.
Only silver lining? I had opted for cash on delivery.
Best to avoid this website.

I think all these companies should have a ebay like policy.. So many negative feedback and their selling should be suspended...

Then they'll wrap up their game..

Thanks. Please post the process of filing the case in a new thread and share your experience - the good as well as the bad.

Please mention litigation costs and lawyer expenses too.. I'm sure it will vary.. But we'll get the rough idea to start with.. Congrats mate.. Its a good move.. All the best

dear all, Ordered a perfume a fortnight ago. And what i received was an empty Perfume Bottle. Luckily got the refund a few days back. Clear this is one sucking online portal. Buyers beware. Rgds

dear all, Ordered a perfume a fortnight ago. And what i received was an empty Perfume Bottle. Luckily got the refund a few days back. Clear this is one sucking online portal. Buyers beware. Rgds

Clear case of deliberate fraud!!!
SUE THEM, they deserve it!!

Got a damaged DVD jewel case 2 weeks back( the Disc itself was ok). In the complaint filed, I mentioned clearly that I was not in a position to send them a photo of the damaged case, and that they could collect the damaged case when they sent a replacement.
After 5 days of no response, I sent a sarcastic email, upon which one gentleman, named Vishal, called me and promised a resolution within 24 hrs- it is now more than 4 days since the call and still no replacement/ resolution in sight.....

I have ordered twice from snapdeal !
opted for COD both the times and got the proper product both times
But now I will have to rethink before I order anything online.

The long and the short of this discussion:

1. Snapdeal may not be trusted to deliver, especially on "high VFM deals".
2. If you do order from Snapdeal, choose COD (cash on delivery) option only.
3. Be ready to order it from somewhere else if the product is important to you, because of (1).

An experience sharing - refund process with Snapdeal:

When you are choosing EMI option while making payment to Snapdeal and transaction gets fail. Now Snapdeal will make the refund.

If you were using ICICI CC for transaction then snapdeal will credit this amount to your CC, which will result in surplus of this amount in your CC account.

Now ICICI will charge the equivalent EMIs to you for balancing that transaction. The tenure and amount will be same to what you were choosing while making the transaction at snapdeal!

So if you do not check you CC statement diligently then you will feel that they have not refunded / cancelled the transaction money and are still charging you!!!

I had this experience recently and did spend close to 2 months in making N number of calls to their call center, writing in their social media interface etc.

Here I am not saying that Snapdeal or ICICI is bad BUT I find this transaction cancellation method really weird!!!!

Take Care.

Better, don't pay by card. Go for CoD. That way, you don't need to go through all the agony, even if the transaction fails or delivery does not happen.

i don't trust them after the Samsung galaxy Grand & S4 episode, they haven't refunded money with good will, they scammed consumer in name of S4 pre-order.

and now one more going on in name of ps4 pre-order.

yes I think purchasing electronics item online is a risk...ofcourse i only used to get books thro' flipkart & snapdeal ..only once i tried getting 1TB WD external harddisk thro' snapdeal ...got it and it is working fine stillnow...I heard that electronic items online purchase will not get proper warranty most of time...is it true??

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back