Beware of snapdeal

I heard that electronic items online purchase will not get proper warranty most of time...is it true??

Legally speaking any product sold should fall within warranty. Anyone either online portal or the direct seller has to be responsible for the quality of the goods.

I bought playstation from flipkart sometimes back and it can with an invoice issued by a particular shop as well as the general warranty card that is provided with more or less any Sony India products.

I heard that electronic items online purchase will not get proper warranty most of time...is it true??

I have heard that from few retail stores.. Like Sony and samsung etc.. But to be clear I called up the Sony and samsung customer care.. And they were clear.. If there is a invoice for the purchase.. Mentioning the date and proper product serial number .. We can claim warranty at any of the stores.. Makes sense to me..

I have heard that from few retail stores.. Like Sony and samsung etc.. But to be clear I called up the Sony and samsung customer care.. And they were clear.. If there is a invoice for the purchase.. Mentioning the date and proper product serial number .. We can claim warranty at any of the stores.. Makes sense to me..

Regarding Sony India, I have noticed that even if the invoice is not available, warranty is still valid. But it will be from the date of manufacture mentioned in the warranty card and not the date of purchase.

For example:

Warranty: 1 year
Manufacturing date: 01.06.2013
Purchase date: 01.09.2013

In case there is invoice, the warranty will be for 1 year from the date of purchase i.e. 01.09.2013 to 31.08.2014.

In case of there is no invoice, warranty will be 1 year from the date of manufacture i.e. 01.06.2013 till 31.05.2014 and in that case the date of purchase will be invalid.

And in case even if you have lost your invoice, you can ask them to issue a duplicate invoice. And legally speaking, they are bound to give you a duplicate invoice.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back