Bhakti Aradhana with Raspberry PI

haisaikat

I had purchased a Raspberry Pi model B 512 MB edition with cases, memory card, usb cable and power adapter from ebay thinking of using it as a casual internet pc for my in laws. But had to drop the idea after some days when I found that it was difficult to make it easy to use for all ages without much compu knowledge. Many a time used to get some device not mounted issue, or login, etc. So ultimaTely decided to use it separately.

Discarded idea to use it with Raspbmc since the ui was sluggish and found no easy working command to force output via hdmi. Damn my horror with linux :(:(:D:D

Finally, installed Raspbian pisces edition and then on top of that SqueezeSlave. As a result this device when I added a wifi dongle showed up as a squeeze box player over the network and I had configured to connect it to my NAS which is running Logitech Media server. I have created a playlist with all types of Aradhana songs and mantras and set it to repeating mode from squeeze server and also set it to restart playlist upon booting so every time it automatically plays the last playlist which is fixed. Paired it with a old pair of pc speakers and added a unused wifi dongle and placed it in our prayer room (read Thakur Ghor) :) and the result is good. Good start of day with Aradhana. The playback can also be controlled from any wifi connected pc browser using the server console and also from all android devices like phones and tablet that is on same wifi and runs squeeze commander with squeezeplayer as apps. Sometimes I just have to start the wifi, nas and this one to get auto started playback, but sometimes I have to just start the playback from my phone if things do not work automatically on startup.

Some pics below, excuse the scattered items on the shelf, had to squueze this device inn whatever space was available.

Thanks to sam9s who once gave the idea of the usefulness of logitech media server with the apps which I did have in mind but utilized here for the first time.

yjyvequz.jpg

baqy6yhe.jpg

4a9u8ura.jpg

5ery3yte.jpg

@haisaikat you have pushed the limits of integrating thousands of years of reeti riwaaz with modern marvels...

excellent is what i can say...

truly innovative...

Thanks to both of you for the praise.

I am quite sure though that lot of others have already done a lot of innovative things with Raspberry Pi.

What I am trying to do next is utilize the CommandLine Interface of Logitech Media Server and automate what-plays-when in this Raspberry Pi.

Say for example during ganesh puja it should play automatically ganesh mantras and bhajans, and so on. The dates will be predefined along with the related songs or playlists. Not sure if this experiment will succeed, will definitely update if it does :)

Not sure if the above will succeed but will try to get down on this over coming weekends

Thanks to both of you for the praise.

I am quite sure though that lot of others have already done a lot of innovative things with Raspberry Pi.

What I am trying to do next is utilize the CommandLine Interface of Logitech Media Server and automate what-plays-when in this Raspberry Pi.

Say for example during ganesh puja it should play automatically ganesh mantras and bhajans, and so on. The dates will be predefined along with the related songs or playlists. Not sure if this experiment will succeed, will definitely update if it does :)

Not sure if the above will succeed but will try to get down on this over coming weekends

This automation will definitely will be going with the reeti-riwaz as what ROS stated :lol:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back