Bi Amping Advice

Higher capacity amps for LF and lower capacity amps for HF.
It is just the current and drive requirements.
In an AVR, the main L/R speaker outs are designed for carrying bulk of content.
So there is some kinda comfort in knowing LF driver will not stretch it.
Most AVR manufacturers don't spec how much juice is available on the spare channels.
Cheers,
Raghu

So I am now going to try the bi amping tonight. Denon manual says it's possible with 5.1 and 7.1 configuration. If I go with 5.1 then height 1 terminals would double as bi amp terminals for front left and right speakers respectively.

But there is no information on whether the height 1 terminal should go to speaker LF or HF terminal. Nothing is mentioned on the amp or in the manual.

Can I connect the main left right terminals of the amp to the HF terminals of speakers and height 1 left right terminals to speaker LF terminals?

Kindly suggest, Hope it's all safe to do this?

Thanks.

Yes, you can connect any to any of the terminals of the speaker. The crossover built into your speaker will filter out the signal and feed the driver accordingly.

I would suggest you hook the Front Terminal to the LF terminal and the Height channels to the HF terminal of the speaker.

MaSh

I had bi-amped my fronts. No day and night difference. Just extra cables laying around which my wife was not very happy about. So, back to regular. Please also let me tell you that i am a regualar joe and don"t have too keen a musical ear.
My earlier attempt at Bi-amping was with my Quad 12l2's. I tried it again with my Quad S2's and think they benefit from bi-amping. Regular Joe still applies. :)

Hi Fms

I own Denon x4500H 9.2 AVR with Klipsch RP-8000F and R 115 SW. I am strictly in to music only. I just thought of bi amping the speakers. I am not very sure if this is going to improve my listening experience (BTW not very happy with this combination of AVR and Speakers). Just wanted to catch up some brillant minds over here on bi amping.

Is it worth the effort anyways? Anyone who has any experience with bi amping please share you experience wether it improved the sound or no improvement at all?

I am using bare cable connections as of now, if the bi amp is of any good I would like to invest in some good banana plugs as well depends on your valuable opinions/suggestions.

Edit:

1. Any risks involved?
2. Any chnages in the impedence?
3. Any added load on the AVR?
4. Anything else I am missing?

Thanks a lot.
You can use the pre out of the AVR and hook it onto a multichannel power amp(with enormous power) and connect your speakers to the multichannel power amp. Or, you can hook the pre out of Front Left/Right speakers on your AVR to a stereo one or two power amps/ Monoblocks and then hook the speakers to the stereo power amp/mono blocks. Basically you are using the AVR as a pre amp and using the power amps for more power.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back