• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Bi Amping Advice

raghupb

Higher capacity amps for LF and lower capacity amps for HF.
It is just the current and drive requirements.
In an AVR, the main L/R speaker outs are designed for carrying bulk of content.
So there is some kinda comfort in knowing LF driver will not stretch it.
Most AVR manufacturers don't spec how much juice is available on the spare channels.
Cheers,
Raghu

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

MaSh

So I am now going to try the bi amping tonight. Denon manual says it's possible with 5.1 and 7.1 configuration. If I go with 5.1 then height 1 terminals would double as bi amp terminals for front left and right speakers respectively.

But there is no information on whether the height 1 terminal should go to speaker LF or HF terminal. Nothing is mentioned on the amp or in the manual.

Can I connect the main left right terminals of the amp to the HF terminals of speakers and height 1 left right terminals to speaker LF terminals?

Kindly suggest, Hope it's all safe to do this?

Thanks.
Yes, you can connect any to any of the terminals of the speaker. The crossover built into your speaker will filter out the signal and feed the driver accordingly.

I would suggest you hook the Front Terminal to the LF terminal and the Height channels to the HF terminal of the speaker.

MaSh

SPONSORED ADS