BIC America PL 200-ii

I tried keeping the subwoofer pointed towards the avr stand as per ur suggestions.There was no improvements and the loudness in the bass reduced slightly. But to my surprise the speakers performance improved buy a lot. I changed the phase switch and the sub performance was slightly better in this position but the loudness in bass still being slightly reduced.

If loudness is reduced....manually increase the level on the sub.....to compensate for difference and try again.....have you tried changing LPF for LFE?

If loudness is reduced....manually increase the level on the sub.....to compensate for difference and try again.....have you tried changing LPF for LFE?

I have set it at lfe+main. I have the sub volume Knob less then 1lvl. If i increase more then this the sub sounds muddy in my room. So what i did was increase the sub volume in the AVR increased the LFE effects by 2 db and increased the master volume by 2to3db. The outcome is as mentioned that the speaker performance increase drastically. Let me explain clearly with an example. In edge of tomorrow 1st action scene when a fighter plane falls from the sky it will go over tom cruise. In my previous set up when this happens i will hear the sound in the left and right surround but felt the movement of sound was missing. But with this set up i feel the sound moving over and around my head which feels more awesome.

Hi buddy, I guess you're doing otherwise. The safest method would be to run speaker calibration with your sub level set to 60 or 70% so the output from your AVR around -6 to -10 or the minimal. With this and crossover set to 80hz, you ll get the best dynamic sound. You might as well do it manually with main volume at 0db in AVR and set sub trim b/w -7db to -10db and riase the volume knob on the sub to read 75 or 80db in SPL meter or app. Move your sub few inches forward and side to see if that make any differences.

Hi buddy, I guess you're doing otherwise. The safest method would be to run speaker calibration with your sub level set to 60 or 70% so the output from your AVR around -6 to -10 or the minimal. With this and crossover set to 80hz, you ll get the best dynamic sound. You might as well do it manually with main volume at 0db in AVR and set sub trim b/w -7db to -10db and riase the volume knob on the sub to read 75 or 80db in SPL meter or app. Move your sub few inches forward and side to see if that make any differences.
Hey Shankar, Thanks for your inputs. Denon does not have sub trim. I did run audyssey with the sub kept at 50%. I am keeping the cross over at 120

Hey Shankar, Thanks for your inputs. Denon does not have sub trim. I did run audyssey with the sub kept at 50%. I am keeping the cross over at 120

By trim I meant the sub pre out level. When you set it in negative numbers, the signal level out to the sub would be reduced and to compensate this we raise the gain on the back of sub to 60% or 70%. Keep your crossover to 100hz as your speakers are bookshelf, Dali I suppose, from your profile pic? You may think this would run your amp on the sub warm but as long as you have ventilation, you don't have to worry.

By trim I meant the sub pre out level. When you set it in negative numbers, the signal level out to the sub would be reduced and to compensate this we raise the gain on the back of sub to 60% or 70%. Keep your crossover to 100hz as your speakers are bookshelf, Dali I suppose, from your profile pic? You may think this would run your amp on the sub warm but as long as you have ventilation, you don't have to worry.

Yeah Dali's. The reason i have kept at 120 is i feel that over all sound is smooth. I have tested the crossover from 80-120 and finalized on 120. Yes they are the Dali z3 nd vokal. Speaker crossover i have set z3 and Z1 at 100 and the vokal at 120

Can the RCA inputs (#11 in the image) and the digital sub input(#6 in the image) on the PL200-II emain connected (to two different sources) or does one or the other of the inputs need to be disconnected before use? The manual has me a bit confused.

Attachments

• pl200-ii.jpg
    pl200-ii.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 0
Please share your experience with dual BIC Pl200 ii whenever you do so. I have BIC and eager to know what two BiC would do.

I believe its one source connected at a time! Not tried hooking up 2 sources connected to a single sub in different ways...

I think #7 would come into play for such connections...Crossover Switch

In my opinion both the sources can be connected simultaneously. The crossover switch works for the high level i/p and the digital i/p bypasses the crossover and then the signals are fed to the amp stage. Only ensure that only one of the source is on at a particular time.

Can the RCA inputs (#11 in the image) and the digital sub input(#6 in the image) on the PL200-II emain connected (to two different sources) or does one or the other of the inputs need to be disconnected before use? The manual has me a bit confused.
Thanks to the FM's who replied. I had, in parallel, emailed Bic America Tech. Support regarding this and figured I'd post an update with what I heard from them for anyone else that happens to be looking for this information.

1. It is possible to keep both the digital sub input and the RCA inputs connected as long as only one input source is powered on at any point in time.

2. However it is NOT recommended at all by Bic America Tech. Support since it takes just a moment of forgetfulness keeping both inputs powered on to possibly end up with multiple things in the chain getting toasted.

3. Bic America Tech. Support also indicate that even though one of the sources is turned off, whatever is being sent to the speakers is also going into the turned off source and that source can perhaps be affected by that signal and is therefore not a good idea to keep multiple sources connected to the sub.

Well nice of them to reply but still I am unable to understand why will things get toasted if multiple sources are turned on. The only thing is that in one circuit there will be lfe signal which will be fed to amp and in another circuit the full range signal attenuated by the crossover is also fed to the same amp so all in all you will end up with bass notes from both the sources playing on your subwoofer.

But better to heed their warnings.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back