Big Home Video - DVD, Blue Ray movies

churfsan

Hi all,

I have read that Big Home Video (ADAG) are authorized distributors / franchisee for many Hollywood companies like Warner Bros. , and they will be launching blue-ray discs also for the movies.

Considering that Reliance group always tries to price their products aggressively and aiming at mass market, can we hope to see (very) reasonable priced blue-ray titles in India soon ?? !!

Churfsan

Hi all,

I have read that Big Home Video (ADAG) are authorized distributors / franchisee for many Hollywood companies like Warner Bros. , and they will be launching blue-ray discs also for the movies.

Considering that Reliance group always tries to price their products aggressively and aiming at mass market, can we hope to see (very) reasonable priced blue-ray titles in India soon ?? !!

Churfsan

Sounds good. Even better if they are available for rental on BigFlix...

Just saw an outdoor ad for "The Dark Knight" available on VCD, DVD and Blu Ray, on BIG Home Video. So the news may be for real, and we might also see some more titles being released on Blu Ray. And knowing Reliance, yes this may well be the first step in affordable Blu Ray discs. DTS HD Master Audio is unlikely, but still it's a good start. Even though I don't own any HD hardware, I'm really curious how this move shapes the market in the days to come.

Last edited:
Just saw an outdoor ad for "The Dark Knight" available on VCD, DVD and Blu Ray, on BIG Home Video.
Dark_knight.jpg

BIG Home Video > Titles
No mention of Price or bluray format

It was Rs. 499 or Rs. 599 for DVD, no Blu-Ray yet. I was more interested in seeing if it was in DTS, but it was not. Only Dolby Digital...

This is the standard price for a DVD even in the US (10 to 15 dollars). Landmark are selling original Blu-Ray at between 1500 to 2000 Rupees. Unless Reliance does a Moser Baer to the DVD/Blu-Ray market, I am not going to get excited.

Cheers

I saw writable Bluerays @ Croma costing 1k.
So mov may cost 4 to 5k atleast.
So for renting, deposite will go upto 5k?

Landmark are selling original Blu-Ray at between 1500 to 2000 Rupees.

Yes, but they have a "buy one get one free" scheme, so it boils down to about Rs 900 each.

Thanks,
Sharad

There's a guy in Delhi who's just started blu ray rentals. His name is Kismat Singh - 01127245859

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back