Binding post vs Banana Plug

Binding post is put on the speakers and Banana plugs and spades are put on the speaker wires... Binding posts are the best for speakers and I prefer Banana plugs since I keep disconnecting the speaker wires for various reasons and they make it easier.. Spades are equally good if you don't disconnect the speaker wires often...

Hi,

Which one is better in terms of sound quality?

Thanks,
For the unintended, nothing in-between in the best. You can hard wire the speaker to the amp without banana plugs if you are a fit and forget guy. If you live in coastal areas check on the ends regularly for any oxidation or clean regularly to avoid it.
I use banana plugs by choice.

Okay. Thanks all for your replies. Now I have decided to connect the speakers and receiver by using banana plugs. I am having yamaha rxv 583 and polk signature series speakers. So, could you please tell me what is the procedure to follow to get this done.

Edit:
One more thing, while taking out the insulation, sometimes the strands breaks. so will it make any difference to the sound quality? That is why I want to go with banana plugs.

Thanks,
Jitendra

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. Thanks all for your replies. Now I have decided to connect the speakers and receiver by using banana plugs. I am having yamaha rxv 583 and polk signature series speakers. So, could you please tell me what is the procedure to follow to get this done.

Thanks,
Jitendra
and one more thing, while taking out the insulation, sometimes the strands breaks. so will it make any difference to the sound quality? That is why I want to go with banana plugs.

Thanks,
Jitendra

Secure the speaker wire copper part into the plug receptacle securely (screw-down, clamp or solder)
If a few strands break it is OK. SQ wise it won't matter.
Cheers,
Raghu

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back