Bios screen shows up while starting, and it hangs too !!! Can anyone help please....

Naveenbnc

Hello all, everytime i start my desktop, this screen (shown in attachments) comes up and it hangs there.

It doesn't go forward nomatter which key i press repeatedly.

Can anyone suggest a solution please....

Thanks a lot in advance
Naveen

Screenshot_2018-10-08-23-20-13-223_com.miui.gallery.png

Do you have any external HDD or pen drive connected to PC?
Disconnect that and then reboot and see if it works

Do you have any PCI or PCIE card connected?
Remove that and see if it boots properly

Revert back after you try this

Remove all keyboard mouse anything in usb slots or any other slot and then power on to see if it's still stuck. If you got multiple memory modules, you can try to remove them one by one and boot to see if that helps.

If it hangs on the screenshot without any further message, the issue could be that it is able to detect disks/optical in your system but is waiting for them to return some metadata to proceed. Unplug your disks/optical and see if you proceed to another screen which should, as expected, have no disk found (or equivalent) message.

How old is your computer?

The onboard sensors on the motherboard are detecting something and shutting down.
If it's fairly old sometimes an old power supply can cause it to shut down like that.
It could be something like the motherboard battery or a fan that has stopped working as well.

Have a technician look at it. It should not be a major repair job.

Regards.

Dear all.... thanks a lot for the help .... !!!
i will try with the suggestions you gave and let you know how it responds.

How old is your computer?

The onboard sensors on the motherboard are detecting something and shutting down.
If it's fairly old sometimes an old power supply can cause it to shut down like that.
It could be something like the motherboard battery or a fan that has stopped working as well.

Have a technician look at it. It should not be a major repair job.

Regards.

It is around 6 years old, but sparingly used. Now I m trying to use it for dedicated HT.
Actually the system is not shutting down. It is just hanging without moving further.
If I restart several times, luckily it is working once. But its unpredictable. Next time it is again hanging.

It is around 6 years old, but sparingly used. Now I m trying to use it for dedicated HT.
Actually the system is not shutting down. It is just hanging without moving further.
If I restart several times, luckily it is working once. But its unpredictable. Next time it is again hanging.

Try dismantling all the internal connectivity as suggested by other members.. Also wipe the RAM modules with perfume sprayed over soft cloth..

How old is the internal HD?.. Probably that is gone bad.. If your PC power on switch is LED backlight, observe for change in colour when the system doesn't respond..

Can you get into the bios? Also you can use an pencil eraser to rub on the RAM contacts. Looked up the net, and seems CPU-Z has the same error displayed. Do you have that installed by any chance?

When you say it is working once: Do you mean it is booting into windows? If it is, try booting with a USB drive loaded with Linux (no need to install, you can use the try before install option to see if all hardware are good. steps listed here
If it stops at bios screen see if you can get into the bios and check if hard drive, memory are listed.

Check in the bios if HDD is detected or not.
Need to reconnect hdd.lf its in bios,then operating system may got corrupted.
Also renove cd or usb connected devices.
Check boot priority is hdd in bios.

H55 Chipset BIOS were notoriously bad. Wasn't around for long so BIOS writers and MB manufacturers gave up on it and it didn't get developed further.

I use to have similar issues with Gigabyte H55 board but that would give me an option to clear the CMOS but sometimes it would need several attempts before it would boot.

To troubleshoot the problem I would -

1. First disconnect all Drives - Opitcal, SATA and IDE, plus remove USB. Should come back with "NO OS found"
2. If above does not work then try with one RAM in just Slot 1. (try another single module if that doesnt work)
3. Hit DEL key on Boot and enter BIOS and "restore BIOS to default settings" save and reboot
4. If above steps dont work you have to figure how to clear the CMOS there will either be a 'soft' setting or a jumper on the MB for it, you'll have to read the manual to find out

Good Luck!

Ram issue means a beap sound ll be heard...

Ram issue mean a beap sound ll be heard...
Try to format c drive and reinstall windows or any os and try
Not necessary.
Often RAMs enable boot, but will hang out ,midway if it is failing.
I have even booted up to windows with frequent BSOD and have found the culprit is RAM

Dear all.... thanks a lot of the suggestions !!!:):)
I am a bit week in understanding anything about computers. So I will try these suggestions one by one.
I really hope this will solve my issue :)

I did some trail and error attempts with all your suggestions. Most of the times, if external hard disc is not connected, system is working fine.

Occasionally i had to restart the system one or two times. There are still some issues, but most of the times, it is working fine.

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions :):)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back