blockdefense-spyware

srikarkav

Hi guys,

If there is a sudden notification' windows is asking for your permission to install Blockdefense' while you are browsing dont click yes. This is rogue malware programme and it takes over the windows security center. I stupidly installed it and it is giving me a big headache.

Even after uninstalling it using a software called' your uninstaller' it is still there. I cant find registry entries and i dont know how it is still giving notofications. If someone had this problem and solved it please give me a solution.

sri

You can try system restore and see if it helps totally remove that malware

Hi,

Ihave tried all these. But this damn thing does not allow the anti malware sites to be opened. I think i have to format my root drive now:mad:

sri

@srikarkav - Have you updated your AV? That should fix it? Google for a fix.

I use AVG and Avast (both free) and between them the system is clean.

I can recommend Kaspersky and Nod32, d/l trial versions of both and scan your system with them both. They should fix it.

Hi,

Ihave tried all these. But this damn thing does not allow the anti malware sites to be opened. I think i have to format my root drive now:mad:

sri

Sri,

Have a look here

How to remove BlockDefense manually:

To perform manual removal of BlockDefense, you should do the following:

You should be killing these services before deleting the files/registry entry

BlockDefense.exe
BlockDefenseSvc.exe
uninstall.exe
BlockDefense.lnk

Delete BlockDefense corrupt files:

* BlockDefense.exe (You can stop this exe from your task manager)
* uninstall.exe
* data.bin
* license.txt
* %Program Files%\BlockDefense Software
* %Program Files%\BlockDefense Software\BlockDefense
* %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\BlockDefense

Remove BlockDefense associated registry entries:

* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BlockDefense
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BlockDefense
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlockDefense
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_BLOCKDEFENSESVC
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\BlockDefenseSvc
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_BLOCKDEFENSESVC
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BlockDefenseSvc
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run BlockDefense

Let us know how you get on. BTW what site were you browsing?

Last edited:
Hi teky,

I have used 'your uninstaller' and removed the blockdefense. So there are no files mentioned in your post and no registry entries mentioned too. Still two slide alerts come from the left and right bottom of the screen asking me to register for the blockdefense. Since wondows security center has been taken over by this malware the icon keeps on giving security alerts too from the system tray.This damn thing is not allowing me to run any anti spyware too. I acnt able to turn off teh windows security center. I think i have the dreaded option of formatting only. It is going to be a great paint installing all the existing softwares.
sri

Hi teky,

I have used 'your uninstaller' and removed the blockdefense. So there are no files mentioned in your post and no registry entries mentioned too. Still two slide alerts come from the left and right bottom of the screen asking me to register for the blockdefense. Since wondows security center has been taken over by this malware the icon keeps on giving security alerts too from the system tray.This damn thing is not allowing me to run any anti spyware too. I acnt able to turn off teh windows security center. I think i have the dreaded option of formatting only. It is going to be a great paint installing all the existing softwares.
sri

Sri,

Have you seen any unwanted processes running in the task manager, try killing them and running an anti-spyware. (the processes especially in above post)

Also look here, Remove BlockDefense (Block Defense) [Removal Guide]

Now you should consider buying an Apple Mac :D

Suresh

Last edited:
Hi I had similer problem ,not with this malware but some unknown malware which was not allowing many antivirus to be installed
Then I installed free versionof Kasparesky - it is bit slower but after first masterscan problem was gone
anyway I bought 3user Licence kasparesky official version ( 1 year cvalidity for Rs 600 Only! ( Anyway not yet installed as I want o format my HDDS and make a clean install.)
Pls try and post the results

malware avoidance is important :
i never get malware..

what i do :
> dont install any extra programs than the ones i need
and if i need to try some ...i see if it is listed in softpedia
>keep 'no script' add on in firefox , so i never get spyware
dropped on to my machine from sites
> avoid pendrives ,whenever i use scan with Avira and monitor in task manager wheather new un-needed programs
are added ? if so i run spy-bot,and remove extra entries from msconfig

normally my vista HP is strong enough ,
if all fails ,restore to the prev days point(daily system creates a restore point ,automatically):yahoo:

i like avira free .. other antiviruses take lott system resources .

Hi teky,

sri

Hi Sri,

Please try a program called COMBOFIX, which helps in removing most of the unwanted registry entries from your installation. I have used this many times when there are malwares/spywares on my system and i cant literally remove them using the methods mentioned. Do, however, make a full backup of your registry before using this program. This would clean up the registry very well.

Let me know if you need more help/info on this., Might save you from a full format ..!

Last edited:
Sometimes, Sri, if a format is possible, it need not be the worst thing. If you have data backup, then system formatting actually works in your favour. You would be getting rid of a lot of system junk and actually speeding up your system considerably.

Hope it works out for you and do keep us posted so that we can pitch in with stuff we know.

Thanks Bala. Yes i agree with u fully. Sometimes its a blessing in disguise. But for now i have solved the problem by running my AVG.The damn thing has disappeared for good. I hope members here don't allow it to get installed in their system. Its a real pain indeed.

I really appreciate what u have said in another post. That we are all in a huddle here and this is a warm community.Your above post confirms it. I am really saddened by the recent happenings. I really hope these sort of things does not get repeated here.

sri

srikarkav,

One trick to avoid such cleaning/searching is taking a system image with norton Ghost.
you can restore system in 5 mins.:yahoo:

Get a system 'image' backup on DVDs /portable HDD

Believe me whenever you get problems , you can restore system from backup image (to with all programs installed state ,at the time of taking image) in 5 mins .

In my company it used for fast recovery.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back