Blown AMP of my Velodyne CHT-12Q. Need reference to get it fixed

vizeta

I switched my Velodyne CHT-12Q on after a long time and found it is not working. Removed back plate and discovered one of a capacitors in AMP module is blown and damaged PCB and other components.

I emailed to Velodyne and authorized distributers in India. But it seems they don't care and did not get a response.

It seems its a well-known issue with Velodyne SW produced in the same time frame. I found several threads about the same problems in Velodyne Subs and their pathetic after sales support.

Can someone please point me to get the AMP module fixed or replaced?

If you are capable of wiring the leads from the driver to an amp, look at Crown XLS amps. They can be used in Mono and they pack a huge punch. The additional Input Gain Attenuator can be handy to dial it in just right.

People with Dayton Ultimax 15 inch kickers use the Crowns to drive it. It has in-built filters and DSP too. ( I think Z Reviews or someone similar on YouTube has a comprehensive review of sorts regarding the same.)

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestion. But the only problem I can see with this is the price I have to pay for the AMP.
I am also considering to fit a ClassD Amp inside the SW but I am worried if vibrations inside the SW might not be good for AMP and sound (if the module is not attached to the chassis properly).

If you are capable of wiring the leads from the driver to an amp, look at Crown XLS amps. They can be used in Mono and they pack a huge punch. The additional Input Gain Attenuator can be handy to dial it in just right.

People with Dayton Ultimax 15 inch kickers use the Crowns to drive it. It has in-built filters and DSP too. ( I think Z Reviews or someone similar on YouTube has a comprehensive review of sorts regarding the same.)

Cheers!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back