Blows ..or.. Bose ..or.. Buy.Other.Sound.Equipment

audiodelic

If you guys haven't already read it.

intellexual net � m k i v

Dr.Bose ! Fricking Rtard
Its a pity ! If he had manufactured even a decent product instead of worthless crap it would've made him millions with his gimicky marketing anyway.
But at least he would've had somewhat of a reputation in the audio world.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments, Opinions, Discussion...

Last edited:
It seems, the observation which I made during bose showroom at Big Mall in Ludhiana is absolutely right when the dealer gave demo of one of the Bose's top AV equipment in their exclusive demo room/home theator. He played clips from AirForce One and sound/effects were not at all there even compared to my onkyo AV4600 home theator which costs less than half the price of their Bose Lifestyle® 48 DVD Entertainment System. Why audiophiles run away from bose, I understood in their demo room. It is only their marketing stunts to befool people and selling junk at such high prices.

Hi audiodelic, i already posted this here http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/164-bose-acoustimass-better-profits-through-marketing.html

If you guys haven't already read it.

intellexual net � m k i v

Dr.Bose ! Fricking Rtard
Its a pity ! If he had manufactured even a decent product instead of worthless crap it would've made him millions with his gimicky marketing anyway.
But at least he would've had somewhat of a reputation in the audio world.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments, Opinions, Discussion...

My technical knowledge is not great but i never believed in BOSE. I always thought their products dont justify their price tag
Just recently one of my friend was showing off his BOSE headphones which he bought for 17k. I did not want to disappoint him or wanted to get into an argument with him but the JBL noice cancelling headphones(dont know the model number) were sounding much better and its cost was less then half of the BOSE headphones

So that proves with its advertising BOSE has got people who are ready to pay a premium just for it's name without comparing with other products

Well Cable discussions and Bose bashing Discussions seem to be "The" discussion items in every forum :D

From what i know Bose has never professed to be a Brand for the audiophile market..so it is for the other 99.9% ;) of the population who are equally happy listening to a sony or phillips Comp or even a mono radio. they did revolutionis Hifi with the Sub-Sats and Direct/Reflected soind which at a time was not heard of and revolutionary..but have not really concentrated on that market much.

anyways..does not make sense to discuss bose in an audiophile discussion as they are not an audiophile speaker to begin with..also most of their patents are in the area of accoustics/DSP and communocation !

if you want great sound quality there are many audiophile options..but if you want a setup with decorative value , ease of setup, and 'Wow" from visitors ebose may not be too bad an option. in the end they are the high end of HTIB setups !

Anyway Bose does not float my boat..although it does have its above uses !

Last edited:
"in the end they are the high end of HTIB setups !"

If high end means high price tag then 'yes'.
If high end means high end performance than cheaper sub/sat system from reputed manufacturers sound much better than bose.

Bose sells cuz they keep it simple! simple to use no nonsense systems, Theres a lotta confusion out there, matching speakers with amps, matching DVD players, Cables pffffff its like you need to do a small PHD in electronics to know what will suit you, Bose has done an excellent job in illiminating all of that, their Adapt IQ, RF remote, intellegent playback, videostage 5.
LifeStyle systems sell even thou of thier high price cuz there are many ppl who dont give a shit how many Hz the subwoofer goes down to and what amp to match, speaker placements, huge gears, wires and whole lotta equipment everywhere and what not.. i've owned a BOSE accoustimass 10 and to be honest i was happy with the sound when i played movies, although the system was weak with music, i sold on the system cuz i wasnt happy with the bass, the accoustimass is ridiculous, as is thier 3-2-1 system, Even thou the 901's are still highly respected speakers & they are moving in the right direction with the newly introduced V20 & V30 Lifestles & with excellent showrooms, good demo's,unique products ,excellent customer support they DO make sense to a lotta ppl out there..! Dont forget the size! Maybe thats why the ARE the largest speaker company in the world!

By the way they spend all thier profits on research.. !

To each his own i guess..

"By the way they spend all thier profits on research.. !"

Not research marketing maybe....

well not really. just google Bose patents. you will get an idea of their research. it starts from acoustics int DSP, communication and even automobile suspension :D. all that stuff u read on other forums is just vitriolic..most have no idea what theybare talkiong about (i mean in terms of comparing apple to apples) B&O, nakamichi etc are more onto their amrket segment although price ranges may not be caompatible.
Amar Bose was sometime recently put into the alltime great inventors list in the US..which is not something to be taken lightly.

I do have a Bose based HT..dont listen to it too much as i am mostly 2 channels. but i have added a sub for the bass and a VCS10 for the center..its pretty decent for the space/size/sound combination. not as good as the Klipsch which i used to have but take up 20 times less space !

I happen to own a WAVE system, which is really very convinient to use and has a slot mech. for CDs'. I did read it being labelled as a 'glorified alarm clock' which can be purchased at $200 or below. Though the sound quality is nothing to write home about, you can listen to it for hours without your tyres tingling as is bound to happen with heavy bass.

In the introductory brochure which comes along with the system, Dr Bose himself mentions, sound reproduction should be as close to the original as possible with nothing extra added or deleted and he definitely believes he is against stomach thumping bass. Though I don't have any intention of promoting Bose through this forum since many other options are available, however if a SWOT analysis is done only for strengths and weaknesses, apart from their pricing the strengths would outweigh the latter.

Arj : How did you connect/Add a sub to the cubes cuz these speakers come with accountimass module and you cannot connect the cubes directly to the Amp it goes thru the accoustmass module right ?, you mentioned your using cubes for the front and vcs center what are you using for surrounds and which Amp ? Most importantly which sub and how does it sound with the added sub.

Thanks

Patents ? lol.

Patents to use enough technology in a speaker to make it a small cube and in the same process make it sound like shit for the outrageous price the average joe is asked to pay in the end.

Then use gimmicky marketing and outright cheating( as i call it )
Make him demo those hopeless sounding cubes in a demo room where treatments cost thousands of dollars.
Precisely so that the average consumer thinks this small cube sounds amazing which it actually doesn't but just gives an impression as such so that bose can keep the money and average joe goes home thinking he "invested" in an expensive system.

I asked the bose rep in the detroit why bose doesn't have specs listed. He started giving me the regular " oh theyre not measured in real world but a chamber so its not fair "..... whose he kidding........ any person who knows 'a' of audio knows bose is too embarrassed to print that 200hz crossover it uses for its subwoofer.

Apart from the track record of patents lol. I think if bose did 'any research" the "u.s airforce headphone incident" would've never happened.
Bose din't care about the airforce you really think they care about you and me, all this company wants is money and its practices are totally "UNETHICAL".

Well in real life, in my experience, apologies, but specs do mean Squat !
eg my 25 W amp seems to drive tougher speakers much better than a 75W one. and my 50Hz speaker gives a clearer and better bass than my earlier 45Hz one.
89db at 1m means very little in the real world as 2 speakers with the same specs can sound and be driven completely differently by the same amp (my 89db4 Ohm speaker could be driven to ear deafening levels by a 9W amp while a 91dB 8Ohms needed a 50W amp etc etc)

and if one is very sensitive regarding cost Vs price charged stuff like colas, alcohol, Chocolates etc. have very surprising cost vs price ratios :eek:

even in audio B&W and other high end brands, youd be very surprised at the markups..But if you consider them assets, then Bose , as with these brands retain its value quite well..they have a good resale value an the % money you wold lose on it on a sale might not be as bad as you would think !

Bunn999 I have a AM3 fronts, VCS20 center and surrounds. i use an onkyo receiver and use its sub out for the exra sub (cutoff at 80 Hz)..has an acoustimass 5 but preferred this.

ans regarding your comment on the price the average joe has to pay for it..i dont believe it is meant for the average joe !

If I am doing business, I??d love to be in Amar Bose??s shoes. Hats off to him.
Somehow he manages to keep the average Joe happy. And he does not want any audiophile to buy his gear;)
It would be a good study in business strategy for anyone who is doing his MBA in marketing.

I am in agreement with the tenor of posts # 13 & 14 of Arj & square wave-Audiodelic, don't you think you're being a bit too rough, esp with labelling Dr Bose as a " fricking retard' ?
He's made big in a highly competitive field/market, which reterds would find difficult!
I think its only the price factor which arouses outrage among the audiophile community-does Bose make claims to be an audiophile grade product?
Their USP is convenience & good sound which is good enough for a whole lot of people-if there was a sizable & vocal dissatisfaction with Bose's value proposition, the company would'nt be still flourishing!
Audiophiles seem to find a peculiar delight in periodically bashing Bose- why not bash the boomboxes /Minicombos sold in millions by the likes of Sony/panasonic/Onkyo/Philips/Sansui/Akai/Nakamichi etc?
And whats wrong with great marketing-surely its not expected that they would set up demo rooms to run down their products.
Any aspiring Audiophile who goes with the High price = High Quality equation is in for a rude shock, not only with Bose but also a whole lot of Companies/products accepted as Audiophile grade given that there's such a lot of subjectivity in this field.
Bottom line, if YOU have heard Bose's eqpt & don't like it, just don't buy it -why be so abusive ? And, if indeed you have bought Bose primarily on the basis of their Advt/ high price means quality thinking & feel terribly let down thereafter, reserve some of the abuse for yourself for not being a more intelligent & discerning buyer!

Couldn't agree with you more, Kamal. One has to accept Bose has made his mark in the world of audio. If price is the major issue, do so called high end mfrs. like B&W do not rip us off? Check out the back inside cover page of What Hi-Fi May issue and decide for yourself.

He is far away from a retard. In fact he is a genius. He just chose to cater to a certain market where there is lot of money. Makes great business sense for him.
As an audiophile I detest him and his sale tactics. I won??t touch anything made by him with a ten foot pole.

If I were a beverage connoisseur, I would detest coco cola too??

As an audiophile, I would not compare B&W to Bose. Although B&W rips customers, their gear meets some basic quality criteria although you may find equal or better quality with some smaller brands which give better VFM.

Boys :cool: relax

First of all, you guys need to realize that Bose is a lifestyle centric audio system and not any high end seperates. Mr. Bose worked on to create something (i stress - "something") when your mom was still wiping your nose off n you thought blasting ur dad's tube junk was a hip thing of the past. So, first go out, create n build something for the people & realize being in a manufacturer's shoes. There's no point raping any brand or the genius Mr. Bose himself. I would rather say we shouldnt be criticising any brand for that matter, be it a Sony Philips box to Bose to Wilson Audios to Mark Levinsons etc. etc....understand its purpose....understand its target & understand its criteria. Be happy with wat u have n appreciate the fact that there are people who can even make such products successful. Is it not that our chinese counterparts have this brilliant ability to put together n clone most of the things we cant lay our hands on today??? Appreciate that. If u cant, then unlearn to criticise and learn to appreciate.

Atleast people behind these brands, thought of something innovative, urged to develop it and bring it out for people like you who failed to get orgasms from a dead married life and looked at high end audio as a last resort. Sadly, an audiomoron is born everyday reading all the crap here from loosers like u and thinks that watever he owns today is one rare earth element.

Atleast Mr. Bose himself is not wasting his time here criticising Mr. Dave Wilson on a forum like this. He has moved on to make car suspensions today. Something (i again stress - "something") similar which we all might have one day in ur cars n have that last bit of orgasms!!! Why are you boys tripping over it day n night???

The crossover is only 200Hz for Bose, B&W is too expensive....blah blah blah..stop blabbering audio dude. Talk sense n if u cant take a walk and get a life. Never do criticise a gentleman who strives to make a product in their life.

Lol, looks like this guy is a bose rep. If you dont want to know about audio i dont care, i do and i give a **** when i see my friends, relatives etc. make the same mistake i made buying into bose marketing.

As a product :-
The sound sucks.
The Bass is highly localized.
Mid range i dont even want to start on.
Competitors offer better systems even in a cheaper price range that would kill those blows in every way.

As a company :-
They dont publish specs. Every industry goes by a standard as to how relevant or not is debatable but specs tell you enough.

They will never let you demo their speakers next to other speakers since then they wouldn't sell a single unit probably.

They will make you sit in this room and manipulate you into believing the sound is the best in the world. You go home to find out the system now doesn't sound anywhere as close as good. You have buyers remorse but you re console yourself thinking "oh its a bose there is nothing better". Who are you fooling yourself, your ears?:rolleyes:

Why should people be happy with what they have, Why shouldn't they learn about gimmicky marketing and not to fall for it. Be informed learn and know how to spend your money
"KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"

I hate their products and their unethical practices. Simple as that.
Audiophile or not, i dont expect anyone to buy into bose's crap, thats why this thread so that people learn there was a time i had fallen for the marketing.

Peace
Satish

Boys :cool: relax

First of all, you guys need to realize that Bose is a lifestyle centric audio system and not any high end seperates. Mr. Bose worked on to create something (i stress - "something") when your mom was still wiping your nose off n you thought blasting ur dad's tube junk was a hip thing of the past. So, first go out, create n build something for the people & realize being in a manufacturer's shoes. There's no point raping any brand or the genius Mr. Bose himself. I would rather say we shouldnt be criticising any brand for that matter, be it a Sony Philips box to Bose to Wilson Audios to Mark Levinsons etc. etc....understand its purpose....understand its target & understand its criteria. Be happy with wat u have n appreciate the fact that there are people who can even make such products successful. Is it not that our chinese counterparts have this brilliant ability to put together n clone most of the things we cant lay our hands on today??? Appreciate that. If u cant, then unlearn to criticise and learn to appreciate.

Atleast people behind these brands, thought of something innovative, urged to develop it and bring it out for people like you who failed to get orgasms from a dead married life and looked at high end audio as a last resort. Sadly, an audiomoron is born everyday reading all the crap here from loosers like u and thinks that watever he owns today is one rare earth element.

Atleast Mr. Bose himself is not wasting his time here criticising Mr. Dave Wilson on a forum like this. He has moved on to make car suspensions today. Something (i again stress - "something") similar which we all might have one day in ur cars n have that last bit of orgasms!!! Why are you boys tripping over it day n night???

The crossover is only 200Hz for Bose, B&W is too expensive....blah blah blah..stop blabbering audio dude. Talk sense n if u cant take a walk and get a life. Never do criticise a gentleman who strives to make a product in their life.

Satish Boy,

So much so for your Bose rep - lemme tell u that i have been enjoyin much more serious high end setups from years (i stress "setups" which means i own a lot of them) than ur signage which only shines n has no substance to it. 16 Hz!!! Did anyone hear about that dog donating his ear??? Oouch!!! So much so for your Bose rep:)

Even I dont like Bose's sound (i will not talk about the science n tech behind it becoz first u dont seem to b a technical guy n second that wud be another topic to discuss on a different thread) because my preferences n purpose is different. But i dont go out and say to a person who already owns one Bose acoustimass n say - wat n idiot u r...u wasted ur money. U r not informed. No knowledge. Didnt u meet Satish on the hifivision forum???

I can make out the dissatisfaction u have from ur own setup which is evident from the knowledge (rather your powerful n informed knowledge about Audio) u have used to stack it up n spend most of ur time here n the forum instead of listening to it....compensating n massaging ur ego + frustation by demeaning successful people n brands which has no relevance to ur agenda n existence.

Sleep tight

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back