Blu-ray player better than oppo 93/ 95

Marantz - UD9004S1B (Rs.2,88,300/- only, as per the Ebay India listing).

Marantz - UD8004S1B (Rs.1,35,800/- only, as per the Ebay India listing).

yes I have discovered playback over dlna/ upnp via foobar and it is much better. But I hate having another machine on for just listening to the music. I think WD live or another NAS with UPnP/ DLNA would be a better necessary evil.

yes I have discovered playback over dlna/ upnp via foobar and it is much better. But I hate having another machine on for just listening to the music. I think WD live or another NAS with UPnP/ DLNA would be a better necessary evil.

I second your line of thinking. The 95 with a digital input would have been a phenomenal game-changer. I cannot think of any reason (except a marginal rise in cost) why they did not want to provide that option...

I guess it is around 50-60k thereabouts .

The Oppo 95 is about 80-85K in Mumbai if one can get it....

That got me thinking.

Why not get a good CD player (Creek's Evolution, Audiolab's 8200 or Exposure 2010 for say 60-65K)

and a Blu-Ray/DVD player (Pioneer LX-55, Sony BDP-S480, Marantz UD5005 / 7007) for say 15-20K? or even a Philips BDP5200 or Panny BDT220 for 12K?

What am I missing?

I second your line of thinking. The 95 with a digital input would have been a phenomenal game-changer. I cannot think of any reason (except a marginal rise in cost) why they did not want to provide that option...

The latest Oppo 105 has all these options. Expected to release by end of this year. The price is $1200 in US. I am eagerly looking forward for the reviews.

-John.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back