Blu ray player with a good DAC and can play FLAC

sudeeps

Hi All,

Can I be suggested a blu ray player with good ( wanted to write great but then I know I can't get all in one :p) sound quality ( so I guess should have a good DAC ?) and that can play .flac files from external HDD.

Notes -

1. No need of being 3D capable or have wireless streaming
2. Will mostly play DVDs upscaled to full HD and few blu rays ( don't have the financial capability to build a good blu ray collection :( but will rent and play sometimes )
3. Should be able to play .flac files ( have lots of them ) from external USB HDD ( must have feature ) with good sound quality
4. Hopefully a good replacement ( as of now ) to a dedicated CD player ( can't afford both ) to play the limited collection of audio CDs I have ( will keep building it for sure )
5. Play .avi movies stored on external HDD
6. Budget ~ 20K INR ( Am I asking too much ?)

( will be hooked up to Marantz PM6003 + KEF q300s )

Please suggest the best option.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I am using Toshiba BDX3200 which can play FLAC (not multi ch).DAC is OK,not bad,but cant expect the best from BDp. It is said Panasonic uses better DAC in their BDp.

Spiro, are you coming to the Pune HFV meet? If yes, you could bring some FLAC contents to play on my BDP.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back