Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!
If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.
People write anything just to get some cheap backlinks...
DVD: 4.4 GB
Increase = 625%
DVDs have replaced CDs as preferred media!
DVD = 4.4GB
BluRay = 50GB
Increase = 1130%
Where does vinyl stand??:clapping::clapping:
And still being used!!!hyeah:hyeah:
The technology never progressed linier -i.e. from low res media to hi res....otherwise SACD or DVD audio would be replacement of cd.....
But IMHO SACD n DVD audio are flops....and a lousy format like mp3 and its cousins ruling over !!!
Those people who track music retail know that large music stores are closing down,notabaly virgin megastore and likeNOW WHICH IS BIGGEST MUSIC RETAILER- APPLES ITUNES STORE!!!!Got the point a virtual store selling most of the times content inferior than cd!!!ha ha
That is why I am just giving my devils advocate points
1) 12.5 cm Rounded media like cd,dvd,br,sacd is not at all pockatable ..
2) So the players are bigger not at all pockatable
3) Micro sd cards as small as nails are available in the capacity of 32 gb
4) Still pirates are not widely supporting BR! If acceptance will be low prices will be high!And vice versa!
5) There are some technologies which were never accepted by masses- and replaced by better technology! Like SACD, LD, VCD,8 track,minidisc,DCC (it was Asian phenomenon) and there may be replacement of BR just around a corner
Bt 1 think is sure ipod ,iTunes store and downloads proved that more than incremental better quality what masses want is convenience and saving!!