Blue Ray player Firmware update

deepakpraveen

Hi All, I have a Panasonic BD 60 blue ray player picked up from U.S. I have read about BD players requiring firmware updates, how does one do it?

I don't have net connect at home but can use my office LAN - has any one tried updates on the net ? how is it done- do I need a monitor to view menu options while doing so - how do I connect,can it be connected to my Laptop ?

Attachments

• pandmpbd60rearconnect-890.jpg
    pandmpbd60rearconnect-890.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 44
Hi All, I have a Panasonic BD 60 blue ray player picked up from U.S. I have read about BD players requiring firmware updates, how does one do it?

I don't have net connect at home but can use my office LAN - has any one tried updates on the net ? how is it done- do I need a monitor to view menu options while doing so - how do I connect,can it be connected to my Laptop ?

Generally players with built in Lan are capable of updating firmware over the internet automatically, you just have to select the option of upgdade from the setup menu of the player. In some cases if the player has build in USB port then you could download the firmware from the Player's site to a USB stick and then follow the instructions provided along the same to update the player. In your case since you don't have net access at home then you will have to be very familier with the option of firmware update on your player and after how many button clicks on the remote of the player that option is selected, you could also refer to the players mannual for the same and this might help you in updating your player even without a monitor or TV.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back