Blueray player coming close to cdp SQ

atozguy

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a Blueray Player. Although, i wish to buy a dedicated CD-P for my stereo setup, i feel it is not my cup of tea. Hence planning to go for a br player with exceptional SQ and the one with networking features. Budget: 12K.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks
Gopinath J

frankly, at that price point most blu-ray players have similar SQ for stereo/CD. Though from online feedback, Panasonic players seem to have a little edge for CD play. Still most Panasonic Blu-ray players in India cost more than 12k.

Best bet would be to buy a blu-ray player with emphasis on PQ and save up some moolah for a dedicated CDP. my 2 cents.

cheers

I bought Marantz dvdp 4001 with upscaling for the same purpose at 11k recently. Compared with a pioneer blue ray player. Sound quality was definitely better.

Does pretty good job as dvdp & better than routine blue ray players for audio quality.
I cant spend on blue rays at this juncture and blue ray players do not play VCDs which I regularly use. In addition, i use a 22" monitor as screen which is non HD. So blue ray player was useless for me.

The Oppo BDP-93 is a Blu-ray player. The OP is referring to a Blueray player, which is something I am totally unaware of. Is this a new technology? Does it play BLUE movies? :p

If the query is very specific then there is nothing like blueray player. Even Oppo is not a blu ray player. It is Blu ray DISC player imho. That is why they are called BDP & not
BRP.

In that case, why good SQ is needed from bluE ray player. The neigbours may frown at you. :D

Last edited:
In that case, why good SQ is needed from bluE ray player. The neigbours may frown at you. :D

Hey Santy. It is not me, who assumed the blue ray player to play Blue Films. However, i admire your sense of humour.

Cheers
Gopinath J:clapping:

Somehow the only Blu Ray Disc that I have is Avatar, and now after reading this thread, I am starting to wonder why everything in the movie was blue!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back