Bluetooth dac with digital out and aptx

amit11

Hi friends,

Any body has experience in bluetooth dac? I know bluetooth is not associated to hifi, however the aptx thing seems little promising.

I was reading about bose bluetooth adapter. It has

A. Digital out optical which can be fed to dac.
B. Aptx

There is also confusion surrounding aptx codec if it really delivers transparent data (whether mp3 or lossless) without changing the sound/actual data. It may use bit compression for low latency, but it does not compress sound in frequency domain or acoistic domain. Atleast that is what my conclusion is after reading multiple articles on net.

Aptx is not lossless but a better algorithm.

Better to use wireless adapters like merlin airmusic or chromecast audio.

I have both technologies i.e avantree saturn pro aptx transmitter reciever and merlin airmusic.

aptX is still limited to 384 kbps, just a little better than MP3.

Chromecast Audio all the way... I'm using 4 of them for multi-room audio from a NAS.

I did not know about the audio version of chromecast. I then read on net. However few doubts.

1. It uses CAST.. I.e. Not good in playing local content from phone. cAST can play from cloud based.
2. In case i want to divert the audio ONLy from youtube on phone or tablet, it does not support.

For android there are apps which cast local content, namely localcast, allcast.
I have used localcast and it works well.
LocalCast

For Mac, you can use soundcast to cast audio from laptop. This is what I am using currently as it allows me to switch between apps to play both local or online content.
How to Send Your Computer's Audio to a Chromecast

Plex is also there for both PC and Mac. Also any chrome tab can be used for playing local content, just drop your content to it and cast the tab.

Google cast app can cast or mirror the screen to chromecast audio device, I use neutron player on my android to cast music without any issues
20160727_112358.jpg

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back